Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood Storage
2 December 2011, 16:25,
RE: Wood Storage
Guys,

Lets not go off topic. The phrases may be factually correct but many of the things we do are borderline legal in todays society. We just need to be aware of where those lines are drawn. Don't want to get into legal stuff here on individuals but just bringing it to people attention.

No harm meant and I hope none taken.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 December 2011, 16:51,
Lets not start to fall out guys over something I think was meant with good intent, but whilst information and advice is genuinely welcomed by us all from each other , I do feel slightly concerned that Mr Skvez is preaching slightly, Dont take too much wood, Dont overload roof racks, dont buy bullbars etc. I understand the caveats Mr Skvez is trying to get across, but surely he must equally reaslise most if not all of us are adults capable of researching legalities and responsible usage before we make a decision. His intent is well meaning but assumes he knows more about forestry, vehicles etc than the rest of us, I doubt if there is any malicousness involved, but I do think most of us have been doing this a long time, and if we have little experience in any given subject we will ask, just as has been the case with W & C and Bowdrill on the subject of stoves.
I think its better to post and be damned rather than withold posting incase someone does not react or behave responsibly, Caveat Emptor etc

2 December 2011, 18:33,
I wasn't suggesting people don't post (generally NR and I are having an off-thread discussion about US-centric posts).
I'm not trying to suggest that people not do what they are doing.
I'm just trying to point out to other people coming along and reading these posts that there may be downfalls or other things to consider that the OP didn't mention.

Saying that people are grown up and can research the legalities of things themselves is all very well but sometimes the legality is very hard to research and we end up with a "well if X did it, it must be OK" mentality.
I think it's *helpful* (for example) to point out that a lock-knife is strictly speaking illegal "without a good reason to be carrying it".
I'm not trying to tell 'X' not to carry it' I'm trying to warn 'Y' reading the thread later that there may be legal complications to them copying what 'X' is doing.

I understand that X may read this as a criticism of what they are doing, that’s not my intent and I'm sorry they interpreted it that way.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
2 December 2011, 19:02,
I don't really care for the legal side of it all, I go to a woods and get fallen wood, Skvez makes these posts because he is a troll nothing more, he has trolled many of my threads "with his wanting to let others know different" line.

My problem is not what this person accuses me of, but why he needs to do it?
2 December 2011, 19:12,
i must say i have been banned from other sites for saying a lot less! but can we get back to the subject which is wood & wood storage, if SKVEZ wants to talk about legal issues maybe he ought to start another thread with that title? a lot of what we discuss on sites like this are for after TSHTF and i am sure we all try to stay legal in the meantime.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 December 2011, 19:26,
(2 December 2011, 19:12)bigpaul Wrote: i must say i have been banned from other sites for saying a lot less! but can we get back to the subject which is wood & wood storage, if SKVEZ wants to talk about legal issues maybe he ought to start another thread with that title? a lot of what we discuss on sites like this are for after TSHTF and i am sure we all try to stay legal in the meantime.

That's fair comment BP.
2 December 2011, 20:07,
I give up I'm going back to my own little archive forum, I've got Skev asking me on PM if I'm breaching other people copyrights ( I'm not but WTF has it got to do with him) He's asking if I could be American ( I'm not but what if I was and what right has he got to question anyone), Then he is questioning the EXACT meaning of when I said I would anglisise articles!!!! and he is bloody well asking me to explain and justify myself to HIM !!! in PMs.
No sorry I dont come here to be dictated to by someone like him.
NR

2 December 2011, 21:17,
He sent me one as well.
2 December 2011, 21:30,
I did just type out a long and withering tirade, but decided not to take this route as conflict and confrontation in the prepper community is not the right way forward, beside this forum needs to grow and flourish not fragment or become as over regulated or over moderated as some other forums. SD has got the mix nigh on perfick Smile

3 December 2011, 02:49,
WTF? I take an evening off from running this site and it all goes like a girl guides evening.

This is a serious site for people to prepare for a event that we hope doesn't happen. If it does we need to stand up like men and make a new society yet here we are getting upset like a girly LibDem over someone disagreeing with us.

It stops now please. If someone disagrees with you fine. We are big enough to know that the world is made up of lots of different people most of whom don't agree with what we are doing anyway. If someone is annoying you in PMs and emails ban them and if they do it on these sites in comments I will be forced to stop them. I don't want to ban anyone as everyone here has contributed knowledge that I appreciate and I don't want them to go but if you feel that you must go off sulking then that is your choice.

Let's get back on topic and onto the serious task of preparing. Thanks for your understanding.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin