Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mincemeat
5 July 2013, 11:56,
RE: Mincemeat
(2 July 2013, 14:22)bigpaul Wrote: that's Mincemeat NOT Minced Meat! bottles of mincemeat in Tesco's TODAY at 20p per bottle....yes I did say 20P a bottle!Big Grin great for flavouring stews and stewed fruit..keeps for ever!Tongue

A glass bottle of Mincemeat? Really?
5 July 2013, 12:04,
(2 July 2013, 19:52)Tarrel Wrote: I imagine it's pretty nutritious as well. Fruit, sugar, carbs (from the suet) - what's not to like?

the mixed peel, god that's nasty stuff ,nearly as bad as beet rootSad
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 July 2013, 12:05, (This post was last modified: 5 July 2013, 12:08 by Mortblanc.)
(4 July 2013, 22:21)River Song Wrote: Mmmm Mincemeat. Christmas Pudding. Not sure whether our US cousins would understand. It's like trying to explain marmite.

Mince meat is mince meat all over the world, wherever Englishmen went they carried their ancient comfort foods.

My grandmother used to make it and can it in glass jars.

It had more real meat in it than the commercial varieties and we used it for sandwiches as well as for pies.

Grandma used to make the sandwich and pinch the edges of the bread together and them fry it up in butter like a modern "Poptart".
5 July 2013, 12:21,
@Mortblanc

Nooooooo

Mincemeat is NOT mince meat. In fact it has no meat in it at all.

It is sweet and not savory and goes into making mince pies for christmas.
Unless I have totally misread your post/In which case mea culpa
5 July 2013, 12:23,
hope this helps

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-...emeat.html
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 July 2013, 13:16,
Can't have too much Salt. After reading how much salt is involved in prepping meat I'm now looking at solar stills so I can convert sea water. Only problem is the crap in sea water stays in the salt. So make sure you have enough salt to keep you going a long time. 150Kg and adding more.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 July 2013, 14:07,
(5 July 2013, 12:21)River Song Wrote: @Mortblanc

Nooooooo

Mincemeat is NOT mince meat. In fact it has no meat in it at all.

It is sweet and not savory and goes into making mince pies for christmas.
Unless I have totally misread your post/In which case mea culpa

I think I made it quite clear in the original thread that it is NOT MINCED meat!! must be something in the translation!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.