• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how much do chickens cost /best ones for most eggs
8 July 2013, 21:06,
RE: how much do chickens cost /best ones for most eggs
http://www.bhwt.org.uk/

That's the one I'm looking at getting birds through
10 October 2013, 16:13,
will pet cats attack chickens,if thay do how do you get around this.
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 October 2013, 17:38,
Some ex battery hens won't lay, they are 'ex' for a reason, a lot are because they no longer lay, yes some are rescued and will be still good, but check with the charity first, I got my warrens for £9 each and as a general rule of thumb in ideal conditions you will get about 300 eggs a year, mine lay about 6 a week then have a rest day.
There are plenty of we pages about which chickens lay how many eggs, but warrens are the most common and easiest to keep they are the ones that everyone thinks of when you say chicken the red brown birds, they are also very friendly
10 October 2013, 18:51,
(10 October 2013, 16:13)Sunna Wrote: will pet cats attack chickens,if thay do how do you get around this.

My chickens attack my cat. The cat now gives them a wide bearth. Problem solved.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 October 2013, 23:26,
I have feral cats in my area and they do not bother the hens. Chicks they would probably eat, but the hens are a little intimidating for them.
11 October 2013, 06:49,
Our chickens even go at our dog which gives them a wider birth.
Failure is NOT an option
19 October 2013, 22:41,
My teenage son has an incubator and kept asking for some chicken eggs, i managed to put this off for nearly two weeks thinking that
we had enough hens and he would stop asking and move on to something else. so while i was on my travels i bought half a dozen free range eggs from a local farm for him to incubate expecting that nothing would come of it, but to my surprise five hatched.
so if you can incubate them you can get them very cheap. (just check that that there is a cock in with the free range hens)
20 October 2013, 18:44,
bjm Did you buy eggs for hatching or just free range?.
Failure is NOT an option
20 October 2013, 21:33,
(20 October 2013, 18:44)uks Wrote: bjm Did you buy eggs for hatching or just free range?.

just free range eggs,they were just bought as eating eggs to keep my son from going on lol