Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what to do in case of rioting.
16 July 2013, 21:13,
RE: what to do in case of rioting.
Depends on your definition of "the dole". I know people that are playing the U.S. system for up to $70,000 per year, all perks included.

Don't know about other places but in the U.S. rioting is considered a "sport" and should be viewed as such.

If you do not want to play the game stay off the field. (bug out early)

Make sure you are sitting in the proper section with a barrier between you and the ruffians. (bug in with proper gear)

Don't expect help from the officials or TPTB if things get a bit rough. After all, this game was their idea.

Except for about 1/2 dozen street corners where "riot" occurs every Friday night, the U.S. is much more quiet than TPTB wanted. They need the nation in flames so they can install the Emergency Powers Act, put Homeland Security in charge coast to coast and instill martial law.
16 July 2013, 23:12,
(16 July 2013, 21:13)Mortblanc Wrote: Depends on your definition of "the dole". I know people that are playing the U.S. system for up to $70,000 per year, all perks included.

Don't know about other places but in the U.S. rioting is considered a "sport" and should be viewed as such.

If you do not want to play the game stay off the field. (bug out early)

Make sure you are sitting in the proper section with a barrier between you and the ruffians. (bug in with proper gear)

Don't expect help from the officials or TPTB if things get a bit rough. After all, this game was their idea.

Except for about 1/2 dozen street corners where "riot" occurs every Friday night, the U.S. is much more quiet than TPTB wanted. They need the nation in flames so they can install the Emergency Powers Act, put Homeland Security in charge coast to coast and instill martial law.

don't get me wrong MB here in the uk have got scum bags ,my point is not all people on the dole are bad
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
17 July 2013, 01:34,
If all people on the dole were bad then my family would be scum to you hahaha. (My dad's a blind vet, my sis is autistic and I'm messed in the head, my mother is a carer for the latter two)

Well, if there was rioting my train of thought would go something like this.
Why are they rioting? If they are EDl, Jihadist or sports fans nope. If they are communists/anarchists/lgbt or any other folk, yep, joining in.
Positively Pessimistic
17 July 2013, 02:08,
(16 July 2013, 23:12)Barneyboy Wrote: don't get me wrong MB here in the uk have got scum bags ,my point is not all people on the dole are bad

No argument there. Like I said, it depends on your definition, and we have several separate systems over here, so it is a mess to keep up with what is earned benefit and what is entitlement.
17 July 2013, 08:55,
Hi BB, the 26k I referred to was when you take into account everything that gets paid out to them/for them - rent, council tax, tax credit, child allowance, free prescriptions etc etc.

Don't get me wrong there are loads of people on the state (note I didn't say just dole) who totally deserve the support they get, just not all. For example recently I was made redundant and we would not have coped for the two months it took to find a job without the dole and a tax credits increase - albeit only temporarily. Then there are those who cannot work for medical reasons etc - but there are still those who believe the state should pay for them to live like those who work and cant be arsed to work - my rant was aimed at them.

The ones I am referring to are the lazy sods who cant be arsed to work because state pays more - some are even kicking off cos the limit is being set at a maximum £26k per year! Which is tax free so is the equivalent to £34k before tax.

Sorry if I upset anyone ......it was not intended!
17 July 2013, 19:33,
It used to be that in the U.S. there were defined sections of town for each group of people. Not just divided by race but also by ethnic background. We are a nation of immigrants and it takes a generation or two for new groups to assimilate under normal circumstances.

Each city had a "Little Italy", little Poland/Lithuania/Greece/??? where the new immigrants could find solace within the old culture and speak the old language freely. We even have towns and sections of towns officially named German Town, French Quarter, Over The Rine and such.

As a whole those old lines of division have been erased, except in the large urban areas. The U.S. is not as much an urban society as it is a suburban society. That is why we rely on our vehicles more then Europeans and Brits. Our cities are vast sprawling affairs that often exceed the physical size of London without the population to match it. It is not unusual for a city of less than 1,000,000 to require over an hour to drive from one side to the other on a freely flowing motorway, with most of that travel time being spent traversing the suburbs.

Most suburban neighborhoods are fully integrated, the schools are multi-ethnic and multi-racial and unless the differences in culture are pointed out they go un-noticed.

This presents the problem of not having a concentration of population that will be easily induced to riot outside of specific urban settings such as mentioned by Jonas. The other aspect of this is that the members of the "offended group" are very busy living a normal middle class life and simply do not have time or desire to "riot".

They might show up at an evening protest meeting or a candle lite vigil, but they are not going to burn down their own neighborhood, trash the corner "candy store", or loot Walmart. That is a function of the urban concentrations, which are growing smaller and smaller as the public housing developments are closed down in favor of rent subsidies and freedom to choose where one will live.

The new trend has become focusing the gathering on a specific government building. A protest or riot at the City Hall, the Federal Building or some specific intersection that controls traffic flow. Often these intersections are positioned near a Walmart that takes the brunt of wealth redistribution. That is a necessity due to the dispersion of the population.

Therefore suburbia is a reasonably safe environment, as long as a "protest" is not planned in your area with outsiders that have no investment in the community shipped in to attend the "rally". Even then the excitement will be concentrated in the public/government buildings and the main shopping district. I do not remember any American riot that has spilled over into a suburban residential area.

It is not unusual for an American riot to include a shopping area but not touch the homes in the street behind the shopping area. Other times the destruction will stop on one side of a street and the opposite side will be untouched. Most often, areas/shop owners that put up a defense will be avoided while the businesses on either side are looted.

When one steps into suburbia new rules apply, new dangers manifest themselves and transportation becomes a problem. It is very difficult to transport your loot home from the burbs is you do not have a truck! Best to stick to shops close to the flat.
17 July 2013, 20:53, (This post was last modified: 17 July 2013, 20:55 by Barneyboy.)
(17 July 2013, 08:55)Arnie72 Wrote: Hi BB, the 26k I referred to was when you take into account everything that gets paid out to them/for them - rent, council tax, tax credit, child allowance, free prescriptions etc etc.

Don't get me wrong there are loads of people on the state (note I didn't say just dole) who totally deserve the support they get, just not all. For example recently I was made redundant and we would not have coped for the two months it took to find a job without the dole and a tax credits increase - albeit only temporarily. Then there are those who cannot work for medical reasons etc - but there are still those who believe the state should pay for them to live like those who work and cant be arsed to work - my rant was aimed at them.

The ones I am referring to are the lazy sods who cant be arsed to work because state pays more - some are even kicking off cos the limit is being set at a maximum £26k per year! Which is tax free so is the equivalent to £34k before tax.

Sorry if I upset anyone ......it was not intended!

well we think the same my friend ,its just there are not that mean people that get that money ,but you are wright I think they are taking the piss pal, the real problem is the tptb are in bed with the big businesses bosses and the amount of tax they avoid is just wrong

many in instead of mean
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
17 July 2013, 21:37,
Yeah, I mean those people who try to cheat the system, if they were born to wealth, they would be bank managers dodging taxes with millions overseas. In fact, I think those rich people who dodge taxes and lock up wealth are the real problem since it doesn't get to the rest of us, but I think they circulate the idea of a Welfare Queen to create a stigma.
Positively Pessimistic
21 July 2013, 21:21,
I can not believe that people fall for these tactics. The amount of money that these 'benefit cheats' take is tiny, tiny, tiny, compared to the 'real' crimes committed by those up top and there crimes actually kill people, how many people have starved to death in the world due to rising food prices caused by Libor, food price speculation(only allowed relatively recently) and all them other crimes that are helping with the past/current/ongoing economic crash ?

Here's a nice little fact on a loosely related matter. Benefit Fraud and official Error is probably between £3-£5 Bill whereas Tax Evasion runs at about £70 Bill. Yet! the government spends 100's of times £££ more on Benefit Fraud. Now I am not condoning benefit fraud but lets get some perspective !

Anyway the first riots will be aimed at commercial enterprises imo, so it will be easy not to get involved, just stay away. The problem comes when we have a prolonged situation and gangs start roaming looking for sustenance.
21 July 2013, 22:15,
The welfare state costs us over £200 billion a year, thats why most hard working people pay over 40% of their wages intax and another 14% in NI. Its time the welfare state was scrapped and all tax loopholes scrapped for the rich, scrap the Monarchy and repeal the enclosure act that would equalise the table fairly.