Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fit club
22 July 2013, 01:56,
RE: fit club
any advice on rotator cuff injury ,mines been playing up for a few years now
its why i gave up bodybuilding .

today one and a half hr walk nearly killed me the heat ,i wonder how people working in the sun all day get on
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 July 2013, 19:57,
(18 July 2013, 23:17)Scythe13 Wrote:
(18 July 2013, 13:24)Barneyboy Wrote: bodybuilder don't you mean when you first found out you was attracted to big man Big Grin

Same day you were attracted to your grammar teacher, right? haha

don't mock the afflictedSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 June 2014, 19:58,
since starting this iv lost almost 4st ,still walking ofrern as poss but no running yet.

how you all getting on.
11 June 2014, 22:12, (This post was last modified: 11 June 2014, 22:14 by Lightspeed.)
Nasty injury Sunna.... and typical of body builders eh?

Mrs LS is a Pro Trainer. She asks if you can still feel fingers in the arm affected?

Her advice:

Don't ride bikes

Reduce muscle mass ( she guesses that you already have done this after a two year lay-off).

Exercises that might help:

Sit on edge of bed hands on hips with elbows behind you , chin up, deep slow breaths.

Every morning lay on bed with affected shoulder at very edge if bed, upper arm horizontal at 90 degrees to torso ( over thin air) with forearm at 90 degrees vertical, hand open. Gently rotate shoulder so that entire arm pivots upwards as far as it will go in both directions. 10 reps, 2 sets.

Surprisingly, and maybe relevant to you, when she was recovering from a rotator cuff injury, biggest recovery improvements came after she swapped mouse operating hand when using the computer.

Hope you start to improve soon.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

12 June 2014, 12:32,
thanks ls good advice, im in two minds weather to train again the psyo told me if i watch bench press and a few other exercises , i could carry on with a lots of reps [slowly] with light weights i might [might] be ok.
i dont know if i could trust myself and its not as if iv not tryed that before.
12 June 2014, 12:46,
Sunna feeling the burn from lifting heavy weight is a habit.

If you want to be able to truly lift heavy metal again, you need to get that Teres Minor sorted..... and that means low weights and high repetitions building weight very slowly. You can't cheat on this.

Once sorted, you need to train this muscle as part of your overall routine.

Incidentally, do you know what you did to damage it in the first place?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

12 June 2014, 14:14,
pushing up to far on bench press/heavy flys, as for tear repair thats an op that the nhs [my doc] thinks is not needed as a can woke ok with it.
so i would have to pay myself with no garentee it would work.
13 June 2014, 03:37,
Guess the tear is healed now.

Analyse what things you are doing that might be still stressing the muscle, and try to avoid them until the pain reduces.

Little things like adjusting your position at a computer, or as mentioned above switching mouse to the unaffected hand can make a bigger difference than you would at first believe.

Once pain reduces remedial exercise needs to be ultra low intensity.

We wish you well with this mate.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580