Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fit club
16 July 2013, 16:59, (This post was last modified: 16 July 2013, 17:03 by Tibbs735.)
RE: fit club
I am currently aiming to put on lean weight, and increase strength. I do not have access to a gym atm, but when I go to uni in September, I will have access to a free gym and weights room, for 2-3 years. I will also have much more control over what food is available; it's easier to eat healthy when you don't buy unhealthy food, and buy prepper staples like brown rice and beans.

Until then, I'm increasing my strength with calisthenics, mainly pullups and pushups. I'm also now able to do 5K at a fast jog. I want to consolidate this, by increasing speed and also carrying some weight.

(15 July 2013, 17:00)Mopster Wrote: Hello, my name is Mopster and I need to put on some weight! Smile
I am 13 years old, 5'11 and 7.8stone. The problem is I need to put some weight on without becoming fat or unhealthy.
Any ideas?

http://scoobysworkshop.com/
Here is your one stop shop for fitness advice. He's been doing it for 30+ years, and does intense cardio as well as strength training. He is also not trying to sell you anything. Most of the articles are explained with a youtube video as well.

He has some good teenage workout plans, and all you need is a set of dumbbells and a mat (not even sure if you need the dumbbells.) It will take time to get fit, you just have to enjoy the journey, not rush into it expecting fast results and quit.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
16 July 2013, 17:38,
(16 July 2013, 16:59)Tibbs735 Wrote: It will take time to get fit, you just have to enjoy the journey, not rush into it expecting fast results and quit.

Good advice, I'll just add: Don't touch steroids, a lot of youngsters think this is the answer but it ruins your personality and will shorten your life. Several of my sons friends found out the hard way, luckily my lads are naturally built like basketball players.
16 July 2013, 18:08,
I need to work on fitness

not over weight I'm 6 foot nearly 40 and still fit into my 32 inch waist jeans (got a great metabolism) I'm just not particularly fit

ohh I also have to do some work on strengthening my knee's and quit smoking .... once these are sorted I'm thinking of getting my bike out of the shed and serviced then flog myself up and down the hills around here. Also will be looking into learning to swim at the local sports centre this is something I've been meaning to do for a long time and with a 2 year old it something I want to have very soon.
16 July 2013, 18:12,
(16 July 2013, 18:08)I-K-E Wrote: I need to work on fitness

not over weight I'm 6 foot nearly 40 and still fit into my 32 inch waist jeans (got a great metabolism) I'm just not particularly fit

ohh I also have to do some work on strengthening my knee's and quit smoking .... once these are sorted I'm thinking of getting my bike out of the shed and serviced then flog myself up and down the hills around here. Also will be looking into learning to swim at the local sports centre this is something I've been meaning to do for a long time and with a 2 year old it something I want to have very soon.

get one of them ecig thing me and my wife stoped with them pal
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
17 July 2013, 11:26,
got back from a nice relaxing walk before it gets too hot about hour and a half . noticed even early in the day the heat kills me never mind running up a big hill in wales [sas guys rip]
Survive the jive (youtube )
18 July 2013, 00:14,
(15 July 2013, 17:00)Mopster Wrote: Hello, my name is Mopster and I need to put on some weight! Smile
I am 13 years old, 5'11 and 7.8stone. The problem is I need to put some weight on without becoming fat or unhealthy.
Any ideas?

Okay, first up mate, you're 13. Your hormone levels will not raise enough to start building bulk. If you start weight training now, you'll actually do more damage than you realise. The only weight you should be moving is your bodyweight. If you came to the gym with me, you'd stunt your growth, stress your growing bone structure, and because you're still growing, you'd also misshape your natural posture. Wait until you are about 16, before you start hitting the weights. The simplest reasons for this, it's healthier, and your hormones will be pushing anabolic (muscle building) levels, so you won't be wasting your time in the gym.

If you want to put on muscle, you'll just have to wait for your body to let you get started. Sucks, but that's how it is. I watched Predator when I was 11, and decided I wanted to become a bodybuilder. It wasn't until I was 17 that I was able to put muscle on properly. Damn, 6 years of pointless press-ups and the alike. Best thing you can do, start to educate yourself, and work out what kind of physique you want and why you want it. Once you know that, you'll have a better end goal to start towards.

Think of it as a journey. If you start driving a car, but you don't know where you're trying to get to, then you'll be spending a long time driving in circles, not knowing whether you're making progress in the right direction, or even if you're making any progress at all.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 July 2013, 09:51,
So Scythe 13 you wanted to be 7 foot tall with green blood and a face that looks like my sister's on a good day? Why?

Mind you I would love to have the invisibility capability.....he he he the things I could get away with!
18 July 2013, 12:49,
(18 July 2013, 09:51)Arnie72 Wrote: So Scythe 13 you wanted to be 7 foot tall with green blood and a face that looks like my sister's on a good day? Why?

Glow in the dark blood!!! Living the dream haha.

I remember the moment early in the film when Dylan + Dutch clap hand and armwrestle in mid air. That one moment made me want to get huge. I'm far from it at the moment, with work and the rest, but that was the part that mad me want to become a bodybuilder.

Turns out it's not as practical as Hollywood made it out to be haha.
18 July 2013, 13:24,
(18 July 2013, 12:49)Scythe13 Wrote:
(18 July 2013, 09:51)Arnie72 Wrote: So Scythe 13 you wanted to be 7 foot tall with green blood and a face that looks like my sister's on a good day? Why?

Glow in the dark blood!!! Living the dream haha.

I remember the moment early in the film when Dylan + Dutch clap hand and armwrestle in mid air. That one moment made me want to get huge. I'm far from it at the moment, with work and the rest, but that was the part that mad me want to become a bodybuilder.

Turns out it's not as practical as Hollywood made it out to be haha.

bodybuilder don't you mean when you first found out you was attracted to big man Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
18 July 2013, 23:17,
(18 July 2013, 13:24)Barneyboy Wrote: bodybuilder don't you mean when you first found out you was attracted to big man Big Grin

Same day you were attracted to your grammar teacher, right? haha