Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I have 100 of these arrows please ?
25 July 2013, 11:01,
RE: Can I have 100 of these arrows please ?
UK Plant toxins take time to work, and will not kill on the spot, and to be honest very few Animal/Plant poisons do. Even Curare/poison frog toxins do not work instantly and the animals have to be tracked whilst the toxins take effect. The Kalahari bushmen use the larval stage of the Diamphidia beetle, which is particularly nasty with no known antidote, and even then they have to track the animal for miles, sometimes days before it takes effect. I believe there was a Ray Mears programme that showed the bushmen hunting with their poison arrows and it took them hours to track it to the kill. The best use of plant poisons in the UK is for fishing.
25 July 2013, 12:59,
Anything that causes intense pain would help in a self defence scenario, if it could cause nausea and dizziness then so much the better. Having grown my own chillies I can well imagine what a cloud of concentrate would do.
25 July 2013, 13:03,
I think i'll just go for the plain simple arrow in the gut approach!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.