Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shovel
24 July 2013, 07:33,
RE: Shovel
gotta look for something that doesn't look like it will break in the first bit of mud it meets
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

24 July 2013, 14:41,
why not just cut one down cant be that hard
Survive the jive (youtube )
24 July 2013, 14:44,
any special reason its got to be folding? I've kept an old shovel in the car for years-full sized one-dosent take up that much room.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 July 2013, 23:05,
i have one from a military surplus shop ....priceless in my opinion .... bought from military supplies in leicester
25 July 2013, 07:31,
I have a KA. Hardly the BOV of anyone's choice but it does the job of what we need it for. and a full sized shovel will take up loads of space. i will probably go for the cold steel one that is smallish
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

25 July 2013, 08:44,
(25 July 2013, 07:31)SecretPrepper Wrote: I have a KA. Hardly the BOV of anyone's choice but it does the job of what we need it for. and a full sized shovel will take up loads of space. i will probably go for the cold steel one that is smallish

The cold steel special forces shovel is good and you can unscrew the head if you want to
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
25 July 2013, 16:07,
Any hafted tool that utilises a folding head is inherently weak and will only stand up to a certain level of physical abuse. A non folder would be reliable. A none folder could be made so the shaft is removable and so the head kept in a pouch with the short shaft strapped alongside could be valid option if the perquisite was a short length but sturdy tool. Military folders are not that good and most civilian ones are rubbish. The purpose you desire the tool for might dictate the necessary design. Remember you will probably not be in a military supply chained unit with buddies in your platoon that can lend you theirs if yours bends in half during use. Choose wisely. TL.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
25 July 2013, 16:25,
it all depends how you pack your vehicle, a full sized one should fit in somewhere, like has been said make it so the handle is removeable and it will be easier to fit it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.