Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
join the territorial army
2 September 2013, 15:53,
RE: join the territorial army
(2 September 2013, 14:46)BFG Central Wrote: I dont mean any disrespect to anyone who is in the military in my last post.
20+ years ago being in the army was a good thing to do in my eyes.
But sadly we live in different times now.
Travel the world and grow up being one of the lads was a great life style back then.
Over the least 10 years our lads have been in one war zone after the next.
Thats not something i want for either of my kids.
Probably me being an over protective parent?
But thats just how i feel about it.

Thats my sentiment twofold, the army has changed and is undersized, under equipped and abused by the government, but for me on a more personal note I dont believe Britain and its people are worthy of a decent patriotic army, the UK is a nation where chavism, scuttiness, greed, nepotism and corruption are the norm, I would not want my children fighting for for slum of a country either.
2 September 2013, 20:36,
The thing is...we cant control our kid lives forever, they have to find their own way in the world,...and there are those who join the Army to be soldiers in the real sense,..i.e. who want to do the job they have been trained to do,... how many time have we heard that from men serving in Afganistan

If my son wanted to join the Army, I would do my very best to explain what the Army is all about based on what it was like when I was in,... then if he still wanted to go, I would wish him well, and be proud of him
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 September 2013, 01:06,
A big resounding no.....they were known by the regs as stabs...stupid t a bastards because they were of very little use on exercise due to there very limited training ....reg's hated working with them period and as far as i can see the standards have not hugely improved but the difference nowadays is ta soldiers are being deployed to hotspots around the world....wouldn't want my kids out on a limb without adequate knowledge and training...deadly...no no no
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 September 2013, 22:36, (This post was last modified: 22 September 2013, 22:56 by Kiril.)
Wow, was gonna talk about my experiences about trying to joining the Naval Reserve, but then this virulent racism just slapped me in the face. I mean, most asylum seekers are political dissidents you know protesting for elections, this has turned into a rant about a culture dying because more brown people have turned up, yeah I agree that people don't get the things they should get, but guys, my mate, who's a Muslim, born and raised in the UK, immigration tried to kick him out because his name sounded foreign, same as his daughters, I mean, come on.

It's the sheer inconsistency of the government, of how things are run. Low efficiency, low morals. So all these forms need to be filled out and re-filled out, but all that matters is the number at the end of the year.
Positively Pessimistic