Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has your family decided how to deal with looters??
26 July 2013, 08:30,
has your family decided how to deal with looters??
note it says looters not scavengers, I see a difference, I am a scavenger myself in that I pick up stuff lying around, abandoned, fly tipped etc having no obvious owner, I see looting as something different, taking stuff that is obviously owned by someone else. http://survivethecomingcollapse.com/2737...h-looters/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2013, 12:15,
RE: has your family decided how to deal with looters??
you must just do your best , if im cold hungry and i think theirs food/fuel somewhere im going to take it who owns it me if i can get it and yes i may come across angry owners so what if i would win a fight for their stuff id fight if it looked iffy just move on .
if people are comeing for my stuff it would depend on how many of them their were ect .
just do your best with what shtf life gives you
Survive the jive (youtube )
26 July 2013, 12:21, (This post was last modified: 26 July 2013, 12:29 by bigpaul.)
I would do a recce first, if the place is deserted,abandoned, no one about, see what I could find but if someone in occupation, maybe dogs, move on find somewhere else. don't take chances.

on the other hand, if its MY stuff i'm like the author of the article, I will "drop" the looter-no questions asked.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2013, 12:30,
To the owner looking through a telescopic sight a scavanger looks very much like a looter. Scavanging will be a high risk task.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 July 2013, 12:37,
yes but post shtf we will probably all have to do it, rushing in blindly will get us all shot, a careful recce will be needed and choices will have to be made, if it looks a bit chancy better to move on to somewhere else.
26 July 2013, 18:55,
Yup! You loot - we shoot!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
26 July 2013, 19:23,
(26 July 2013, 12:37)bigpaul Wrote: yes but post shtf we will probably all have to do it, rushing in blindly will get us all shot, a careful recce will be needed and choices will have to be made, if it looks a bit chancy better to move on to somewhere else.

The more you prep, the less you need to loot/scavenge.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 July 2013, 20:35,
I wouldn't mind betting we will all become looters if the worst happens, it might be the last thing I would do, but do it I would if I had too
A major part of survival is invisibility.
26 July 2013, 22:06,
As preppers we will probably have a different looting agenda. Joe Public will be after Whisky and a Plasma TV, the slightly more aware will be looking for Baked Beans and Bottled Water. Preppers will have different ideas, so will be avoiding the fights and clearing out the hardware store. You can get a lot of screws, plywood and Kingspan in a big panel van, and room spare can be filled up with saws, drill bits, chainsaw chains etc.etc.
27 July 2013, 09:35, (This post was last modified: 27 July 2013, 10:31 by bigpaul.)
yes I agree, we will be looking for different stuff to any chav that might survive.

(26 July 2013, 19:23)Scythe13 Wrote: The more you prep, the less you need to loot/scavenge.

very true, but say its post collapse, your on your daily scout around the area and you come across some useful bits and pieces lying in an old abandoned barn, your not just going to leave them there and walk on by are you? i'm certainly not! if I can use them I will collect them and take them back to my retreat. no matter how much stuff you have got you can always use some more if only to save what you already have for later on.