Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Library weekend?
15 December 2011, 00:02,
RE: Library weekend?
I don't have a huge number of prepping books to bring, but I think this is a good idea.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
15 December 2011, 10:50,
I also have over 200Gb of files and I know someone with another 60Gb (Don't know about duplicates) which I could make available.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 December 2011, 15:06,
I've got a good collection of PA Fiction that I selected primarily that it makes you consider more options and alternatives, plus about 30 or so practical books including stuff like Tappan on Survival, and Survival Retreat by Ragnar Benson.

I have to be honest folks that I found social gatherings some place comfortable to talk, debate, discuss and interact with on prepping does appear to achieve more positve action than just gathering in some remote location.

16 December 2011, 06:22,
I think it would be a good idea to have a network of groups throughout the country. We could meet up in Youth Hostels and talk about important books and other matters. The only problem that I can see is that the website is obviously being monitered. Which of our members are Govt. spies? How do we find out? There are of course ways. I think that we could certainly trust those earliest of members. The later ones could be questionable. I don't of course, mean all of them, that would be absurd. Kenneth Eames.
16 December 2011, 09:51,
(16 December 2011, 06:22)Kenneth Eames Wrote: . The only problem that I can see is that the website is obviously being monitered. Which of our members are Govt. spies? How do we find out? Kenneth Eames.

I dont think it actually matters because spooks, cops or others will soon see we aint anarchists, terrorists, or trouble makers, indeed I would suggest we are less bothersome to society that a bunch of allotment holders crossbred with fell rescue groups. We have no agenda other than ensuring we protect our families. I've got nothing to hide from anyone except the location of my caches. I wonder which part of the Homeopathic remedies would make us enemies of the state ? Smile Oooh Err Hey Kenneth your not planning on raising the Clans and invading England again are you ? Smile

I'm more bothered about journalists of the tacky tabloid type trying to turn us into a bunch of Rambo lunatics, though we do have a few of the older survivalists as well as a few of the recent wave of preppers who are not only untrustworthy and without honour.

The ones who really P me off are the consumers, they take and take and take and never add to the discussion or debates, and of course the plaigarists who take our material and repost it as their own.

Anyhoo the govt can spy on me all they like cos I listened to the logic and wisdom of the other old survivalists like John Locke and Nemasis and just dont do anything illegal.

16 December 2011, 11:44,
Well lets do it. I'm going to put a post up on the main site tonight. I have some minor concerns and some questions.

Considering that we are doing nothing wrong I think that we could live with the government wasting more money. One of the rules will be nothing illegal. It is a book weekend after all. I'll see if I can book a room in our local library. I can see the headline. 'Plod raid local library for books. Police Inspector Stalin said the raid was justified because there were some naughty words there.' Smile

Personally, I'm more than happy to see our police there. It'll keep the little diddums safe from burglars and muggers and I will know that I am actually getting something for my taxes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 December 2011, 11:50, (This post was last modified: 16 December 2011, 11:52 by NorthernRaider.)
Book and kit chat weekend, bring your books and kit and lets debate and share experience.
Dont fink a Library is a good choice, We need some place more private where we can open our BOBs as well as our books for scrutiny

16 December 2011, 14:40,
well unless we do it at some ones house we'll never find somewhere completely private for it. As for spies we're not doing anything illegal or immoral and we'll not get very far if when we meet everyone acts as if they're talking into a secret services microphone.

As I said I have few prepping books but a lot of enthusiasm (for all that counts) so I'll be there.

PF
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
5 January 2012, 20:34,
(16 December 2011, 11:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: Book and kit chat weekend, bring your books and kit and lets debate and share experience.
Dont fink a Library is a good choice, We need some place more private where we can open our BOBs as well as our books for scrutiny

Great idea, count me in.
6 January 2012, 12:14, (This post was last modified: 6 January 2012, 12:15 by Scythe13.)
Love the sound of this. But I have a funny feeling we are being watched O.o haha.

As long as they don't know where I have my food stored, I'm okay with anyone sitting in and listening. I'll be wearing a balaclaver, so they won't recognise me! Oh, and a tin foil hat so they don't listen to my thoughts.

We're not doing anything wrong, and anyway, they may become interested in self preservation and join in the discussion. Who knows, we might help them prep for a SHTF situation, which could end up saving their life. I'm okay with helping people stay alive.

Let's do it.
I probably should say I won't be wearing a tinfoil hat or balaclava, or however it's spelt.