Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
26 July 2013, 16:27,
Help
I'm not sure if this is the correct place. But I have a bunch of equipment that I wish to buy how ever it's down Kent and the seller won't send it by courier. I was hopin that there is a kind person out there that would be willing to collect and send it on too me. I will of course pay for the delivery and also pay the person who is kind enough to help me out. I hope someone can help me out. It would seriously help me with my prepping. Thank you.
26 July 2013, 19:25,
RE: Help
I'm not from Kent, but it seems a difficult way to do it. All the collector would do is parcel it up and post it off, same as the seller could do.

Why not just bribe him to send it?

If he's that unkeen to send it, I guess there's a good reason why not (stolen goods, illegal, etc) so if anyone else is to send it, they'll be in the same situation.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 July 2013, 19:27,
Could you not arrange a courier yourself to collect it?. Ive done that before with ebay collect only.
Failure is NOT an option
26 July 2013, 19:56,
Thanks guys. He has just messaged me after a week (grrrrrr) he said I can arrange the courier. However I have no idea how to do so. And I have get to work in half hour. And working nights for next three. But thanks guys. Smile
26 July 2013, 21:56,
Hi, Mooski,

I know you'll be at work now, but this might help when you get back.

Arranging a courier is easy, but you will need to know from the seller the height, width and depth of the package, and also its weight. He will also need to tell you which days someone will be in to hand the parcel to the courier.

Once you know all this, go to the Parcel 2 Go site (here) and fill in the form for a quick quote. It will give you lots of options (Hermes is usually the cheapest), so just pick the one you want. You can book the whole thing online, so there's no need to be making phone calls during the day when you're trying to catch up on your kip.

Best of luck and I hope the night stint isn't too gruelling.

Lou