Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this right
29 July 2013, 15:12,
is this right

Survive the jive (youtube )
29 July 2013, 15:15,
RE: is this right
not got time to watch the video at the moment but what is it they are saying?
29 July 2013, 15:38,
you've got to watch this! I've only seen about one third of it so far but what she is saying is that a natural meat eating hunter gatherer lifestyle is the way to go.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 July 2013, 17:23, (This post was last modified: 29 July 2013, 17:29 by Mortblanc.)
I watched it beginning to end, from the perspective of a historian, archeologist, psychologist and educator.

She has a book to sell and this video is an advertisement.

This woman is as much a fanatic now as she was when a vegan. Everything is all or nothing with her.

In the first 15 minutes she is pretty rational but in the last 15 minutes she goes (what we call over here) CALIFORNIA NUTS!

As you watch be aware of the contradictions she presents, one statement of fact and two minutes latter a statement that contradicts it. Such as, "corporations do not want to own the land" and latter "corporations want to drive the farmers off the land".

And observe the absolutes that do not exist; "Everyone was healthy as a hunter gatherer and in hunter gatherer societies."

In hunter gatherer societies anyone that is not healthy dies before they reach 10 years of age and life expectancy is 35!

Take diabetes for example. Anyone developing childhood diabetes would die as a child. Most people would not live long enough to develop type 2 diabetes and when they did they would die, so there are no identified diabetics in those societies. Diabetes is a genetic disorder carried by a recessive gene, You can carry the gene without having the disease, that is how it has endured the ages. It is irritated by diet, not caused by diet.

It is more noticeable and present now due to our obesity crisis that is caused by the dominance of complex carbs in our diets and sedentary lifestyle. It is the over-eating of those complex carbs that does the trick, not their existence!

She is still working in the Vegan mind frame, just trying to justify her craving for meat. This type of person operates exclusively from a platform of guilt and must justify every action with a social benefit, even eating. In another age or society she would have been a nun, entered a convent and devoted her life to the poor and suffering.

And true to her modern extremist heritage, she is not living in a brush hut in the woods. She is sitting in a fossil fuel powered house, driving a fossil fuel powered car and wearing manufactured clothing.

While her premise is correct, We should eat a varied/balanced diet including meats, animal fats, dairy and vegetables, that does not mean we should stop farming or attempt to feed the world without large scale farming and fertilizers. At the present population density of the western world we can not afford it and the land can not sustain it.

And there are a lot of healthy people out there, eating well balanced non-organic, affordable diets.

It is in the last 5 minutes that her true agenda emerges.

Feminist control

redistribution of planetary wealth
29 July 2013, 17:39,
Thanks MB. I didn't have the heart to sit through half an hour's worth of video without knowing what it was even about so your summing up is appreciated and now I know I don't need to!

For myself, I eat what I can afford to and stay reasonably healthy on that...

30 July 2013, 13:45,
(29 July 2013, 17:23)Mortblanc Wrote: I watched it beginning to end, from the perspective of a historian, archeologist, psychologist and educator.

She has a book to sell and this video is an advertisement.

This woman is as much a fanatic now as she was when a vegan. Everything is all or nothing with her.

In the first 15 minutes she is pretty rational but in the last 15 minutes she goes (what we call over here) CALIFORNIA NUTS!

As you watch be aware of the contradictions she presents, one statement of fact and two minutes latter a statement that contradicts it. Such as, "corporations do not want to own the land" and latter "corporations want to drive the farmers off the land".

And observe the absolutes that do not exist; "Everyone was healthy as a hunter gatherer and in hunter gatherer societies."

In hunter gatherer societies anyone that is not healthy dies before they reach 10 years of age and life expectancy is 35!

Take diabetes for example. Anyone developing childhood diabetes would die as a child. Most people would not live long enough to develop type 2 diabetes and when they did they would die, so there are no identified diabetics in those societies. Diabetes is a genetic disorder carried by a recessive gene, You can carry the gene without having the disease, that is how it has endured the ages. It is irritated by diet, not caused by diet.

It is more noticeable and present now due to our obesity crisis that is caused by the dominance of complex carbs in our diets and sedentary lifestyle. It is the over-eating of those complex carbs that does the trick, not their existence!

She is still working in the Vegan mind frame, just trying to justify her craving for meat. This type of person operates exclusively from a platform of guilt and must justify every action with a social benefit, even eating. In another age or society she would have been a nun, entered a convent and devoted her life to the poor and suffering.

And true to her modern extremist heritage, she is not living in a brush hut in the woods. She is sitting in a fossil fuel powered house, driving a fossil fuel powered car and wearing manufactured clothing.

While her premise is correct, We should eat a varied/balanced diet including meats, animal fats, dairy and vegetables, that does not mean we should stop farming or attempt to feed the world without large scale farming and fertilizers. At the present population density of the western world we can not afford it and the land can not sustain it.

And there are a lot of healthy people out there, eating well balanced non-organic, affordable diets.

It is in the last 5 minutes that her true agenda emerges.

Feminist control

redistribution of planetary wealth

thank you iv been told buy the doc to cut down if not out meat [not fish ] and im finding it hard been eating a lot more beans /chick peas ect ok at first but i find myself craving fry ups and chicken , i also think a mixed diet is best just cut out the crap meat ie mince , burgers , sausages ect
its not right she put a vid out like this some dummies may take it up
thanks again
Survive the jive (youtube )
30 July 2013, 14:17,
nothing wrong with meat-in moderation, but cut out the crap ready meals type meat....supermarket meat is all rubbish and not fit for dogs to eat, buy meat from farm shops and butchers, and cut down the portion sizes.....everything these days seems to be American size portions which is why so many people are obese in the UK today.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 July 2013, 21:22,
Brilliant summary MB.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
31 July 2013, 07:31,
One of her points that was correct is that it is not the meat that promotes obesity.

Obesity is promoted by overeating complex carbs and over-intake of sugar.

The Fast food burger/meat does not make you fat, the bread it is presented in makes you fat, along with the fries on the side. Those two pieces of bread, a side of fries and a sugared drink are the total carb intake a normal person should have for a week.

When you do that two or three times weekly the only possible outcome is adding weight.

We did not have an obesity crisis back when we used the "square meal" pattern of fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy. The obesity crisis occurred when the governments tried to remove meat as the staple of the diet and replace the old pattern with a "food pyramid" having a nutrition base that was totally carb supported.
31 July 2013, 10:32,
there have been a couple of tv programs about it and a couple of university's have done studies on the caveman diet

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/die...review.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amy-murn...97438.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11075437
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/