Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meat Alternative
2 August 2013, 15:05,
RE: Meat Alternative
(2 August 2013, 14:59)Highlander Wrote:
(2 August 2013, 13:18)bigpaul Wrote: there are enough grey squirrels (tree rats) in this country without having to resort to eating bugs!

I am afraid we dont have squirrels in this part of the world,..pity, I hear they taste nice

I thought that Scotland was one place where red squirrels were thriving??(not that we want to eat the red-indigenous- ones-they need all the help they can get, but the grey's are an import and are numerous).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2013, 18:09,
True there are lots of alternatives. But very few you could farm in a back garden on so little space and with such little resources. Much of the world’s population look to the insect world for their food. It is also a high probability that your children and your children’s children may have to move towards eating insects because of population increase and poor space management of the world.

Another fact for you all.
If we all switched from cows to kangaroos for meat we could cut global green house emissions by a considerable amount (Kangaroos rarely fart unlike cows). Doubt you could milk a kangaroo though Tongue
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

2 August 2013, 18:15,
(2 August 2013, 18:09)SecretPrepper Wrote: If we all switched from cows to kangaroos for meat we could cut global green house emissions by a considerable amount (Kangaroos rarely fart unlike cows).

that's cos kangaroos don't have 4 stomachs like a cow, what you gonna do for your daily pinta though?!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2013, 20:17,
(2 August 2013, 18:09)SecretPrepper Wrote: True there are lots of alternatives. But very few you could farm in a back garden on so little space and with such little resources. Much of the world’s population look to the insect world for their food. It is also a high probability that your children and your children’s children may have to move towards eating insects because of population increase and poor space management of the world.

Another fact for you all.
If we all switched from cows to kangaroos for meat we could cut global green house emissions by a considerable amount (Kangaroos rarely fart unlike cows). Doubt you could milk a kangaroo though Tongue

my old cow farts , man she really farts Huh
Survive the jive (youtube )
2 August 2013, 20:36,
(2 August 2013, 15:05)bigpaul Wrote:
(2 August 2013, 14:59)Highlander Wrote:
(2 August 2013, 13:18)bigpaul Wrote: there are enough grey squirrels (tree rats) in this country without having to resort to eating bugs!

I am afraid we dont have squirrels in this part of the world,..pity, I hear they taste nice

I thought that Scotland was one place where red squirrels were thriving??(not that we want to eat the red-indigenous- ones-they need all the help they can get, but the grey's are an import and are numerous).

I think this is probably true in most parts of Scotland, but not here on the west coast,.. no squirrels at all, and very, very few rabbits
A major part of survival is invisibility.