Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stop munching my plums
4 August 2013, 09:46, (This post was last modified: 4 August 2013, 09:48 by bigpaul.)
RE: stop munching my plums
wildlife is one thing but people? after an event are you really going to let them leave unharmed and come back-probably with more people- to raid you again? not me.

after "the collapse" we will all have to be pro active not defensive, we have to take the fight to THEM not be on the back foot all the time...either that or BUG OUT to somewhere where they will never find us and start again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 August 2013, 13:50,
(4 August 2013, 00:02)Mortblanc Wrote:
(3 August 2013, 20:41)Highlander Wrote: I doubt that we could do anything, once the plot has been found, they will take it if they can, you may be able to defend from one or two, but as word spreads that you have food, there will be no stopping them.

If you have a garden and stores, then it might be a good idea to sacrifice the garden, if they take that, they probably would not even think about stores,.. then when they have taken everything and moved on you can re-plant

They are going to call all their peeps on the cell phone (apparently theirs work when ours don't), come out and strip your food plots in your back garden while you watch, then move on and leave you unharmed?

Good luck with that!

(4 August 2013, 09:46)bigpaul Wrote: wildlife is one thing but people? after an event are you really going to let them leave unharmed and come back-probably with more people- to raid you again? not me.

after "the collapse" we will all have to be pro active not defensive, we have to take the fight to THEM not be on the back foot all the time...either that or BUG OUT to somewhere where they will never find us and start again.

I think that sometimes we all get a bit too gun ho about what we are capable of doing, we often tend to lean towards the American way when it comes to protecting what is ours....at any cost

The object of the exercise to to survive, and to do that you have to know when to fight and when not to fight

Depending on how many people you are, and how many people come to steal your crop you have to make a choice as to what to do.

Even you BP as big as you are will not be a match for several robbers, let alone a much smaller guy like me,.. so most of us have to loose something to win something, in this case I would be happier to see the scum bags take what they can find in my polly tunnel and leave my stores unfound,..thinking that they have everything,.. while I am on the hill watching,.. safe

In this area, where food will run out a lot quicker than in a town,.. they are not going to be coming back once they think that they have scoured the area

So come on guys lets try and be realistic or come the event there are going to be a few of us lying in the dirt

Unless you are MortBlance of course ...he has an armoury and is American
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 August 2013, 13:57,
I hear what your saying HL but the trouble is the scumbags might NOT just stop at what's growing in the garden, they then decide to have a go at the house where most of my stores are....what then?? at some point I have to make a stand....or be trampled under! or just maybe I have bugged out long before they even got to my (little) town??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 August 2013, 13:59,
Your last post gave two other ways of dealing with the problem,.. fighting WHEN YOU HAVE TO,.. and bugging out before it gets that bad

...but taking the fight to them is in my view foolhardy
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 August 2013, 14:04, (This post was last modified: 4 August 2013, 14:05 by bigpaul.)
but when they are on MY property? maybe there is no option but to fight back...when its all or nothing? i'm very much in favour of going the other way when I see or hear other people coming, that just common sense but when their on my property and there is NO WHERE else to go? i'm not going to lie back and think of England!Big Grin

there comes to a point where its fight or be killed anyway?
4 August 2013, 15:26,
(4 August 2013, 13:59)Highlander Wrote: Your last post gave two other ways of dealing with the problem,.. fighting WHEN YOU HAVE TO,.. and bugging out before it gets that bad

...but taking the fight to them is in my view foolhardy

Very much depends on the circumstances. In general it is best to hole up in a fortress but sometime it is easier to be a rebel and have no fixed abode tying them up at their home location. So many variables, numbers, terrain, etc.

Sometime taking it to them is the best option.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 August 2013, 15:59,
ok put the boot on the other foot , if you were out looking for a free meal what would put you off.
for me getting caught /hurt /or even killed so for me if it looked to hard i would move on .

it must be the same rules for animals
Survive the jive (youtube )
4 August 2013, 16:26, (This post was last modified: 4 August 2013, 16:31 by bigpaul.)
I suppose if it looked too hard..lots of fencing, barbed wire, walls etc you would move on somewhere else, conversely if it looked too EASY wouldn't you get suspicious-like they were trying to entice you in?

I think really what i'd like to do is have a big enough store of food and water so that I don't have to go scavenging other peoples supplies, is that possible?