Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bow making course in Devon.
15 September 2013, 09:55,
RE: Bow making course in Devon.
(15 September 2013, 09:51)Highlander Wrote: You should of took photos as you went along,..it would have made an interesting thread

.... but well done

even if I had a camera to take we were much too busy to bother, the owner of the place took a photo of us, i'm not sure what he intends to do with it, but there will be other courses at the same place so will put them on the site as they come up.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 September 2013, 12:13,
Glad you enjoyed it buddy. Look forward to having a gander at the bow!
15 September 2013, 16:17,
Well done BP - sound!

15 September 2013, 17:22,
Glad you had a good time mate.

How would you rate the course and was it worth the money? Would you recommend going to the next course?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 September 2013, 17:39,
(15 September 2013, 17:22)Scythe13 Wrote: Glad you had a good time mate.

How would you rate the course and was it worth the money? Would you recommend going to the next course?

I would rate the course as excellent, well instructed with plenty of hands on teaching, well worth the money when you think just what a basic bow would cost to buy, lunch provided plus copious amounts of tea,coffee and biscuits. there will probably be other courses not just bow making because that's how they get their planning permission. i'm on the email list so when I hear about more courses i'll put it on the forum.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 September 2013, 09:13,
these courses are held at the same place: Charcoal Making, Blacksmithing, BOW MAKING,Green Woodworking & Spoon Carving. because they are all held in the open air, in a clearing in the woods there is 1 more Charcoal Making course then they shut down for the winter and start again in the spring. here is the link to the website: http://www.bulworthyproject.org.uk
17 September 2013, 09:00,
According to the website, it's 100% charcoal making.
17 September 2013, 09:03,
(17 September 2013, 09:00)Scythe13 Wrote: According to the website, it's 100% charcoal making.

yes that's where they get their income from and their reason to be there. go back on the website and click on "courses"!
17 September 2013, 09:06,
I might have missed this: As well as our Charcoal Making courses, we have teamed up with some great trainers to provide courses in various crafts. Most of the courses for this year are over.

They have 2 charcoal courses this year, and have not updated anything else. Fair does.

Thanks for the info mate.
17 September 2013, 09:09,
(17 September 2013, 09:06)Scythe13 Wrote: I might have missed this: As well as our Charcoal Making courses, we have teamed up with some great trainers to provide courses in various crafts. Most of the courses for this year are over.

They have 2 charcoal courses this year, and have not updated anything else. Fair does.

Thanks for the info mate.

like I said before, ALL the classes are out in the open air in a clearing in the woods, given that the winter is fast approaching and the site is very near Exmoor there will be no classes over the winter and will resume again next spring. it does say on the website that they will try to put next years classes on the website before the new year.