Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to find food post TU - "Every Little Helps"
4 August 2013, 21:02,
Where to find food post TU - "Every Little Helps"
I've been wondering where is all the food when the transport stops.
It's not in the shops. It's not on the lorries. So where is it?

Obvious - it's in regional distribution centres. and it can't get out.

Well we can get it out :-)

http://www.tesco-careers.com/home/you/de...am/pickers

Check the map for the Tesco distribution centres.

Next stop --- Sainsbury / Asda //
4 August 2013, 21:45,
RE: Where to find food post TU - "Every Little Helps"
Its a nice thought River, but unless you are really quick, these places will become a magnet for all human life
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 August 2013, 08:27, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2013, 09:08 by bigpaul.)
i'm going for the little village shops around my area, if I get in quick before the sheeple realise I can BUY up the stock with my EMERGENCY FUND, no hassle, no trouble.

you'll probably find most food is stuck in containers at sea!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2013, 11:07,
When the food is gone these placed will still be useful as they will contain items that people will ignore looking for food, alcohol and 50 inch plasma TVs. Think about clothing, bedding, kitchen utensils, glasses, etc.

Just wait until they are empty of food.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 August 2013, 11:13, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2013, 11:29 by bigpaul.)
also check out your local farming stores-if you have them in your area- places like "Mole Valley Farmers", "Mole Avon", "Cornwall Farmers" or any similar places....Mole Valley Farmers have branches all over the place, as well as food they have clothing, footwear, tools, I saw some air rifles and knives in our local branch!

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf/info/store-finder http://www.cornwallfarmers.co.uk/stores
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2013, 14:55,
undefined
5 August 2013, 20:57,
might be an idea if we could think of places that have/store food that joe public wouldent think of , cross channel ferrys , cruse ships , hotels
Survive the jive (youtube )
6 August 2013, 13:35,
any kind of catering establishment, restaurants, cafe's, pubs also working mens clubs, conservative clubs, labour clubs, cinemas have stocks of popcorn, sweets, crisps and chocolate, farm shops, garden nurseries sometimes have a café attached, train stations, petrol stations.
6 August 2013, 13:42,
(4 August 2013, 21:02)River Song Wrote: I've been wondering where is all the food when the transport stops.
It's not in the shops. It's not on the lorries. So where is it?

Obvious - it's in regional distribution centres. and it can't get out.

Well we can get it out :-)

http://www.tesco-careers.com/home/you/de...am/pickers

Check the map for the Tesco distribution centres.

Next stop --- Sainsbury / Asda //

Good luck!! The army / police will have those locked down at the first sniff of trouble. We scouted one out in Southampton - it's surrounded by multiple high fences, CCTV everywhere, guards etc etc. The first port of call for local government is going to be to lock down the regional hubs.

More like a place to steer well clear...
6 August 2013, 13:47, (This post was last modified: 6 August 2013, 13:57 by bigpaul.)
(6 August 2013, 13:42)BeardyMan Wrote: Good luck!! The army / police will have those locked down at the first sniff of trouble. We scouted one out in Southampton - it's surrounded by multiple high fences, CCTV everywhere, guards etc etc. The first port of call for local government is going to be to lock down the regional hubs.

More like a place to steer well clear...

yes, sounds a bit too obvious dosent it? I will start will the small village stores and move out from there, farm shops, farming supply depots, grain stores etc.

the whole point of being a prepper is that we will have our stocks of food anyway wont we? getting a bit extra is fine-just don't put yourself at risk! don't go for the obvious places, the chavs and the yobs and the lumpunts will have those places covered anyway when TSHTF...