Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to find food post TU - "Every Little Helps"
6 August 2013, 15:19,
RE: Where to find food post TU - "Every Little Helps"
IMO, it could be a matter of timing. if you could get into one of these facilities before most people realize whats going on, then maybe able to get a pretty good haul. After a day or two I agree with BM and BP, place will either be controlled by authorities, or some other group. In my travels I've come across enormous food warehouses that are hard to spot by the casual observer due to lack of signage, etc. Just looks like any other place. Believe this is done intentionally.

the timing is very difficult though, cause if you move too quick and the "disaster" isn't as bad or widespread as thought you're going to jail. if you wait too long, you wont get near the place.

before everyone jumps on me for the stealing is wrong stuff, IMO procuring goods from a defunct multinational corporation after SHTF is not stealing, it is being smart. Who exactly are you stealing from- the many stock holders? the board of directors? is the CEO going to show up at every facility worldwide to claim ownership? taking things from a private citizen who does have ownership, whether house or shop, that is theft. just my opinion, worth what you paid for it.
6 August 2013, 15:22, (This post was last modified: 6 August 2013, 15:25 by bigpaul.)
Debbie, once the SHTF all bets are off, the rules/laws no longer apply......

grab the stuff-survive at all costs, don't be a sheeple worrying about rules and stuff, as Del Boy once/many times said "he who dares,wins"Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 August 2013, 17:14,
Just remember we want to be first there before the rest catch on. What that means is Plod and the company may not yet appreciate that these goods are counted as free. There is a window when we think 'Thats it' and the world things 'Thats it' Being on the wrong side of that may create issues for you.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 August 2013, 17:19,
I think there is ONE and only one defining thing to worry about....IS IT SAFE! will we be arrested(if its before WROL)? or will we be attacked(if its after WROL)? we need to weigh the chances accordingly, there is no point getting all that free food if we are locked up in a prison camp or killed by yobs/chavs etc. that's not going to do our families/groups any good is it? if its safe then go ahead, if it isn't then go somewhere else that is.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 August 2013, 17:24, (This post was last modified: 6 August 2013, 17:25 by BeardyMan.)
These places are quite heavily fortified. They may appear an easy target from the outside (hidden in plain sight) but believe me, their security is very tight. The cost of the goods stored inside these places means that just for insurance purposes they're goingto be monitored 24/7. Most have guards on site, with dogs etc, on industrial estates.
I mean I work in a nice office block in Newbury - even we have guards on site 24/7, 3 based in the building at all times, and more available for backup should anything occur.

These places aren't an easy target. Go too soon, you're going to get pinched (and probably a few slaps to boot), go too late and you're going to bump into TA or police or something.

Go raid your local office block instead. Most of 'em have kitchens / cafes in them now, and vending machines. No one else will be robbing those cause it's not an obvious target when you're on the lookout for food
6 August 2013, 17:36,
which is why as preppers we try to have a store of food and equipment so that we don't have to put ourselves at risk.....isn't that why we are preppers? if we didn't then aren't we just sheeple like everyone else? I am building up an "emergency fund" so that I can pre-empt the sheeple when the power goes off, so that I can BUY food and equipment when no one else can get cash out of an atm and cards don't work....(that's EXTRA to what I have got stored NOT instead of).