Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forget pistol crossbows and learn to use a stick
6 August 2013, 08:50,
RE: Forget pistol crossbows and learn to use a stick
despite what I wrote on another thread, I see ACTUAL fighting as a last resort thing, when you have no option and no other way out! if you can avoid fighting, better to turn and retreat or avoid the person or persons in the first place if at all possible. if your attacked at your home base you may have no option but to fight, in that case you need to inflict the most damage.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 August 2013, 13:00,
(5 August 2013, 10:40)Steve Wrote: In a time when swords, bows, daggers, maces and more were carried into battle, many fighters chose a simple quarterstaff.

Don't underestimate a stout stick, here's a short manual on how to use one, I'm sure you can find others.

http://ejmas.com/jmanly/articles/2001/jm...y_0901.htm
The English Quarterstaff is a formidable weapon with training (as with anything) and has the advantage of not being seen as an actual weapon. You could use one quite lawfully for walking in the countryside as an aid to walking or even as a pole to knock fruit off trees etc or to push through bush.
Here's some "plays" using the staff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...b2jn1EV3g4
You could also check out the British Quaterstaff association, they have a bunch of vids on youtube.
6 August 2013, 13:02,
its still a large solid chunk of wood, you COULD be pulled over by old bill!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 August 2013, 13:12,
I've never seen a copper in the sticks yet mate, they don't like the mud and shit, and they definitely don't like getting out of their carsBig Grin
6 August 2013, 13:14,
(6 August 2013, 13:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: I've never seen a copper in the sticks yet mate, they don't like the mud and shit, and they definitely don't like getting out of their carsBig Grin

no, your quite right, I was just wondering what would happen if someone carried it in the city though? might be interesting!Tongue
6 August 2013, 15:45,
(6 August 2013, 13:14)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 August 2013, 13:12)Tartar Horde Wrote: I've never seen a copper in the sticks yet mate, they don't like the mud and shit, and they definitely don't like getting out of their carsBig Grin

no, your quite right, I was just wondering what would happen if someone carried it in the city though? might be interesting!Tongue

Reinforced umbrella. We've all seen the videos of those 'self-defense' umbrellas.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 August 2013, 16:53,
(6 August 2013, 15:45)Scythe13 Wrote:
(6 August 2013, 13:14)bigpaul Wrote:

Reinforced umbrella. We've all seen the videos of those 'self-defense' umbrellas.

sharpen the tip on a bench grinder!!!Big GrinBig Grin
7 August 2013, 11:23,
all weapons have been tested in combat it's what humans are good at just look at history and adapt to fit.
i have used guns but my love is japanese weapons because they are proven and i know how to use them well.
the key to any weapon is what you want to do with it hunt or kill ? but if you don't know how to use it you will most likely lose anyway.
villians have the advantage along with troops over most people as they are use to fighting which you shoould take in to account as well Smile
to win the war, you must be willing to die
7 August 2013, 13:18,
" he who runs away lives to fight another day".....best to avoid ANY fight-whether is guns, swords, knives, crossbows or fists dosent matter, ANY fighting MUST be an act of LAST resort when there is NO other option....then the maximum amount of force must be used to inflict the maximum damage and in the shortest possible time.....then get the HELL out of there FAST!
8 August 2013, 04:54,
You misquote BP.

The correct quote is by Oliver Goldsmith:

"He who FIGHTS and runs away MAY live to fight another day."

No guarantees are implied and there is fighting involved before turning tail.