Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forget pistol crossbows and learn to use a stick
8 August 2013, 08:50,
RE: Forget pistol crossbows and learn to use a stick
(8 August 2013, 04:54)Mortblanc Wrote: You misquote BP.

The correct quote is by Oliver Goldsmith:

"He who FIGHTS and runs away MAY live to fight another day."

No guarantees are implied and there is fighting involved before turning tail.

ok so I misquoted..but I still think fighting is an option of last resort, when you have no other way out, if you have an option then better to retreat and LIVE than fight and die.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 August 2013, 13:55,
If he was quoting that person. I suspect BP was creating his own quote which doesn't involve the fighting first. A perfectly valid tactic in certain circumstances, although he should add the May part.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 August 2013, 14:18,
Better to be a living coward still putting food on the family table than to be a dead hero cos you think your rambo, Big Paul is right its not about bollocks or bravado its about common sense survival, violence tends to begat more violence.

8 August 2013, 15:36,
(8 August 2013, 14:18)NorthernRaider Wrote: violence tends to begat more violence.

Violence has been and always will be the end game.

Those that don't end in violence are usually because one side is unwilling to pay the price in blood and gives in or both sides think that the cost in blood isn't worth the game.

Currently it is bad PR that is keeping most western countries quiet. It will be bloody if that was to stop.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 August 2013, 17:49,
we are all animals, best lay down a good attack first than running, hiding and getting robbed
i think it's called having a back bone and if we all had one then our country wouldn't be as it's now ?
the animal farm sticks in my head from a young age!, wonder why?
to win the war, you must be willing to die