Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is this a threat?
7 August 2013, 21:07,
RE: Is this a threat?
I think these subjects are of interest to preppers SD because we all sense things are not right and out of kilter that niggling feeling and the desire for truth or understanding , I also see your point of view ....sort of....we do not need wild posts or conspiracy theories running riot on here either , but some scientists and people of worth and standing are starting to speak out , they put their reputations and livelihoods on the line to bring the truth out they deserve our audience and attention, the very fact that Highlander has posted speaks volumes at least to me...not because I happen to agree with his post and view so much....But the fact this post is NOT what we normally expect from rock solid Highlander ....always practical posts and very helpful as a rule of thumb ....this might explain why I ran around in a tight circle in the kitchen for ten mins shouting "I am not alone" there are other f..king nutters on here.....its not JUST ME.
8 August 2013, 14:17,
SS,

The problem with the news posts is three fold.

One I spend too much time refereeing them and getting involved. Just look at this thread where nothing is of use to us prepping and it isn't the first time.
The second is that the media makes things worse than they are and so, yet again, I spend too much time pointing out facts and correcting the misunderstandings.
I want this site to provide information on prepping not be a news site because of the issues above. I was talked into trying non prepping stuff and almost every thread degenerated. I'm not doing it again and I will delete all the posts. It takes me three clicks of the mouse, less than five seconds.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 August 2013, 17:01,
As much as I hate to agree with "The Man" SD is correct on this issue.

Nis site, his call.

Looking back on this very thread we have three pages of posts and not a single post concerns "what should we do", "how can we make it stop", or "do my current preps cover this?"

These media hype threads and fantasy scenarios are very much like a dog chasing a car. What's he going to do with it when he catches it? Can't eat it, can't drive it, can't f$#% it, might as well pi$$ on it.
8 August 2013, 20:17,
Point taken SD and fair enough ...if it happens it happens, no one will three click their way out of that ..hope my faraday prepp works though.
12 August 2013, 22:56,
Check your facts folks the Sun has never flipped its poles do some research, better with old books, the stuff on the net gets changed and put up to suit there requirements.