Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Howdy From Buxton
7 August 2013, 09:09,
Big Grin  Howdy From Buxton
Howdy all - I live in Buxton, Derbyshire which is a beautiful spar town high up in the hills. Great if you like spring water, fresh air, wind and snow. Not so good if you don't! Very interested in self reliance, alternative technologies, healthy living and motorcycles.[Image: happybiker.gif]

Ever since I was knee high to a grasshopper, I've felt deep inside that something big will happen in my lifetime that will have a huge impact on planet Earth. Whether it be the Yellowstone caldera, an asteroid impact, continental shift, polar shift, sun disruption, some pandemic or just good ol' mankind playing with his nuclear arsenal, I don't know but I hope I'm wrong.

Trust the system and our politicians about as far as I can throw 'em and that isn't very far! I believe that, as a species on this amazing planet, we are acting as parasites and need to change direction before we destroy not only ourselves but everything around us. The society we've created does nothing to promote harmony and balance and needs turning upside down and starting again. Problem is, we're all guilty of being sucked/conditioned into the concept of money, greed and selfishness. That needs to change with more self awareness, independence and self responsibility. JMHO.Cool

I drink the Buxton well water but seriously need to get back into growing some of my own food like I used to, no excuses there. I have recently designed and built my own solar system for emergency mains back up with the house. Also have heating/cooking back ups in place in case of grid failure.

Looking forward to sharing some views and experiences on this forum! [Image: thumbsup3.gif]
7 August 2013, 09:13,
RE: Howdy From Buxton
Hello and welcome
Failure is NOT an option
7 August 2013, 09:18,
Hello and welcome from londonistan
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
7 August 2013, 09:32,
Hello and Welcome.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 August 2013, 09:41,
Welcome from South Bucks
7 August 2013, 09:46,
welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
7 August 2013, 12:23,
hello and welcome from Norfolk Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
7 August 2013, 13:12,
Hello Nix and welcome - from SW Scotland. Smile

7 August 2013, 17:26,
Welcome, I know Buxton well. Great place.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

7 August 2013, 19:08,
Hello Nix, Welcome from the West of Scotland. Enjoy the site. There is much to be learned here. Kenneth Eames.