Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from South London
7 August 2013, 17:49, (This post was last modified: 7 August 2013, 17:51 by Rachel_K.)
Hello from South London
Hello all!

I'm a wife and mum to two young girls. We live in Sutton, which is as South as you can go within Greater London.

Ever since I was little and my dad let me watch Threads I've been worried about nuclear war or a huge natural disaster, but I always told myself I was being silly and ignored it. Last week the power went off for the evening and the hubby and I got talking about things. It turns out he's pretty worried about the economy and fuel shortages so although we have different fears I've decided maybe it's not silly to be prepared. Yep, I know you already knew that!

So I hope to be around here a lot from now on, learning all I can. Please bear with me as I am sure I will ask some ridiculous questions!

Oh I feel the need to add I'm not a Londoner really, I'm from Lancashire although the husband is London born and bred, poor man.
7 August 2013, 17:55,
RE: Hello from South London
Hello Rachel and welcome to the Forum - from SW Scotland Smile.

Don't let fears of sounding silly stop you from asking, there are plenty of people here only too willing to help with whatever it is you need to know. I've asked a few real dumb 'uns since I joined a couple of months ago... Big Grin

7 August 2013, 17:59,
the only silly question is the one you DONT ask! don't worry, we all had to start somewhere. oh, and welcome, from North Devon.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 August 2013, 18:18,
Hello and welcome from londonistan,I went to sutton on tuesday for the first time in 12 years
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
7 August 2013, 18:24,
It's never to late to start prepping. Hello and welcome[/u]
Failure is NOT an option
7 August 2013, 18:25,
The only silly questions are the ones not asked.

7 August 2013, 18:57,
Hi from Buxton, only just joined myself.

Looks a great forum with plenty of info, if you don't ask, you won't know!
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
7 August 2013, 19:03,
Rachal_K, Welcome from the West of Scotland. There is a great deal of information on this site and it will take a long time to read it all. If you can find a group of like-minded people somewhere this will be of great help to you. Knowing that you are part of a group will give you confidence and I am sure that there will be a great deal of help from fellow preppers. Good luck with your prepping. Kenneth Eames.
7 August 2013, 21:22,
Hi Rachal,.. welcome from the Scottish Highlands
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 August 2013, 21:37,
Hello ! and welcome from south wales