Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are morals and ethics affordable?
7 December 2011, 22:08,
RE: Are morals and ethics affordable?
(7 December 2011, 17:12)Skean Dhude Wrote: W&C, You misunderstood. I was joiking. You prep for starvation by starving. Therefore your preps for hunshot wounds would be????

Good article though.

I know I fully understood you’re a joker, I just would have thought if you had a person that has done something like tried starvation and that you want this to be a serious survival forum you might have maybe and just maybe SD had better questions to ask other than be a clown.

But food for thought I would sooner stick to theme of the forum and decided to answer your question on a more serious note and yes I prep for gunshot wound, I hope you understand me now.

But in response for you need to be funny haha hilarious good joke that. Big Grin
8 December 2011, 11:29,
Smile Oh well. I like to look on the bright side otherwise it becomes very serious. That is why I put in a few jokes and cracks.

I do want this to be serious but with a touch of something on top. It isn't a government site and many people are turned off by having things too serious. I see you are not one of those so I hope you can just skip past the jokey comments.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 December 2011, 11:47,
i try and make test fun for the kidds as they differ in ages and as long as they understand the important part of the test will do me after all when it does go up the fun will be in short supply
i don't plan on starving for my or my family/ group there will always be something to eat or some one ??
the problem is now with the cost of everthing going up and up ?
in my kit i have tools for gaining entry to buildings io have to admit that raiding is becoming more accepteble to my thought now i know i'am not the only one thinking along them lines
any one fancy sharing a tank lol
to win the war, you must be willing to die
8 December 2011, 14:51,
I get the joke, but hands up how many people truly know what to do if some one got shot? and it's not a question that needs an answer! among other things my young teen Daughter has learned how to pick locks, she felt it was a skill that might come in handy post shtf.
I get the not doing some thing till you have to, I draw the line at camping in the freezing snow until I have to do it to save my life, but I have all but starved for 3 days, I'm Diabetic so I had to eat some thing, had 3 slices of bread a day with tea , no sugar and a few sips of water, I feel it's an important prep to know how your body may react to no food for a few days, more so when you have a Child to take care of, I felt tired, bit sick and disorientated at times with a few dizzy spells, my sugars were to low, I've now got loads of (small 3 packs) of Glucose Biscuits in my BOB, I would never have bought them because I'm Diabetic but I now know if no other food my body will need them.
I haven't turned the heating on in my house for 16 months, mainly because the radiator pipes run through the cupboards where I store food and I need to keep it cool. I have a Calor gas heater, haven't turned it on yet this year.
As for morals and ethics? until we are faced with starvation or perhaps watching our Children dying from hunger, I don't think anyone can say for real what they would or wouldn't do.
8 December 2011, 14:57,
(7 December 2011, 15:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: Over the years I somehow often appear to attract families of preppers so my main objective is going to be in a position to feed the preppers kids, then the adults and bollaux to the sheeple.
I hope you dont mind NR but can I pinch "bollaux to the sheeple" for my motto its fantastic, if I ever have my own prepper flag that'l be on it!!
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
8 December 2011, 14:58, (This post was last modified: 8 December 2011, 15:02 by NorthernRaider.)
(8 December 2011, 14:57)mikebratcher69 Wrote:
(7 December 2011, 15:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: Over the years I somehow often appear to attract families of preppers so my main objective is going to be in a position to feed the preppers kids, then the adults and bollaux to the sheeple.
I hope you dont mind NR but can I pinch "bollaux to the sheeple" for my motto its fantastic, if I ever have my own prepper flag that'l be on it!!

Feel Free Sir
If its just my family or a cooperation between preppers my efforts are always going to be towards feeding the children first.

8 December 2011, 15:29,
Prep Girl,

You are right there. At least we can make people think up front. It may be that they may not like what they are thinking but they can then add what is necessary to their preps.

I'm not saying don't do these things but in my view I have starved myself years ago. I didn't like it and won't be doing it unless I have too. That may be why I think I have so much food and am into prepping.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 December 2011, 23:34,
I too prep and store food in hope that we won't starve, but if for what ever reason I had to leave my food ? I prep for all the maybes so I prep to starve.
There is an element of how we will be post shtf in us now, a god fearing Christian who has never so much as raised their voice in fear of retribution would I'd imagine find it very hard to turn their back on the hungry or to contemplate nicking some ones food or indeed maim or kill them, me? I'm a mother! with some bad tempered Irish blood Smile I'll do what ever it takes to keep my child fed,safe and away from harm.
9 December 2011, 01:10,
(8 December 2011, 14:58)NorthernRaider Wrote: Feel Free Sir
If its just my family or a cooperation between preppers my efforts are always going to be towards feeding the children first.

You might have to feed yourself more to feed the kids kind of thing, feed the hunters to feed the group, like use more petrol in car A to go get petrol, while car B is on ration.

My god I explained that daft me thinks.

I make this drink when I go woods and is truck edc; it is nido powder, chocolate powder and porridge oats can be all mixed and sealed or vacuumed sealed as I do it, but whatever it won’t go bad and it really gives both an instant energy boost and a slow release, add in a few raisins and your good to go. (sometimes add sugar)

Hot add water cold add water or just eat no water.
9 December 2011, 02:09,
no w&c i understood that well enough but then again i don't explain my self very good either
be told the brain works faster than the mouth lol.
will try that drink but whats nido powder?
to win the war, you must be willing to die