Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are morals and ethics affordable?
9 December 2011, 03:48,
RE: Are morals and ethics affordable?
(9 December 2011, 02:09)grumpy old man Wrote: no w&c i understood that well enough but then again i don't explain my self very good either
be told the brain works faster than the mouth lol.
will try that drink but whats nido powder?

It is full cream milk powder the best powder milk in my opinion, a welcomed treat post shtf, can now be bought from major supermarkets, I buy mine from a polish cash and carry in London when I stock up on my preps as they do a shit load of good long term foods, pickles and the like.

Get a tin try it and judge for yourself, another plus side the tin makes a good stove after use.
10 December 2011, 07:40,
SD I have read (Heat Test) on the main site and fully support what you’re doing there, I wish I had noticed it earlier I would have joined in, tonight would have been great night for it -3 here for the most part.

Even though you did not fully explain in this thread that it would last all weekend and using our preps only, I still feel my comment about just turning off the heating as being pointless is really quite arrogant of me, "apologies".

It would be great if forum members or at least some here could maybe do a weekend again, I would join the list to do it, of course it would be nice to get some rules on the task in place and it will be honour system trust.

It would be good doing it knowing others are in same boat, and besides its fun.

10 December 2011, 19:13,
W&C,

No need to apologise. It wasn't an issue. I suggest things that I think are worthwhile for us. This post was waiting to be posted when you made your comment on thios foorum so I though go for it now.

I believe like you that talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words and we need to point out to others that it isn't going to be without some pain. People spend five minutes in the cold and think that it is like that. A weekend of cold is painful and needs to be tried before you actually realise how difficult it is. You already know many things here which is why your input is so valued by us.

After this weekend we can do another in Jan or Feb when it gets really cold. Those that test this weekend or next will learn before their vitals are frozen. Smile Let's wait until then to arrange another.

You have an interesting idea of fun. Although I admit that I enjoy these tests and accept they are necessary. They ain't on my list of fun stuff. Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 December 2011, 19:33,
I used to camp in the snow, but unfortunately most of the snow here has thawed within 4 or 5 hours. People think I'm a nutter as I still go camping. I'm often up on the hills in all weathers. Kenneth Eames.
10 December 2011, 20:03,
SD My friends ring me when they have power cuts and I get jealous Smile I do like a power cut more then turning off power by choice, I hate it when the lights flick back on though, all you hear is my family give off some type of cheer and amongst that you hear “ahh shit".

7 June 2012, 13:23,
Every power cut is the same; grab 'bob', head to a safe location, in this case the stately home (abandoned) down the road with a decent basement and wait out. Get out the door... power's back on... 'fuck it...'
"Wicked phenomenon, yes? But, you know, it’s not any more "evil" than, say… fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement."