Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knives make a note of this
7 December 2011, 21:49, (This post was last modified: 7 December 2011, 21:55 by mikebratcher69.)
RE: Knives make a note of this
The trouble is the government and police have done such a good job scaring the crap out of the sheeple over guns, knives etc, the chances of being nicked for carrying anything are high. You could use an anke type sheath if you have long leg jeans on say, or the best place for a knife is a low/mid back sheath along your spine, point up handle down, and theres also the kevlar or plastic xray defeating knife, not much use for sawing or chopping etc just for combat.
The average joe would shop you in a heartbeat if they thought you had anything on you...
I personaly carry a Stanley folding lock knife available from b&q. http://www.stanleytools.co.uk/product/147149
now whether I'd get away with carrying it if I were stopped who knows but it is a D.I.Y. knife so......
Also other tool companys do them such a s hilka etc...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 December 2011, 22:38,
My Knife choice depends on type of dress and where I'm going and what for, IE if I have to use public transport and am going into a city I'll only EDC a small folder and multi tool with a tactical flashlight and sharpened bezel acting as legal defensive tool.

If I'm driving my own vehicle I'll EDC something slightly bigger, If I'm going to someplace known to be dangerous I may even wear my AG Russell Sting.

I find it easier NOT to go to cities than to accept disarming myself ( Disarming is the wrong word but cant think of anything more suitable) I dont wear a knife as a weapon, I 100% carry it simply as a tool.

8 December 2011, 00:35,
(7 December 2011, 22:38)NorthernRaider Wrote: My Knife choice depends on type of dress and where I'm going and what for, IE if I have to use public transport and am going into a city I'll only EDC a small folder and multi tool with a tactical flashlight and sharpened bezel acting as legal defensive tool.

If I'm driving my own vehicle I'll EDC something slightly bigger, If I'm going to someplace known to be dangerous I may even wear my AG Russell Sting.

I find it easier NOT to go to cities than to accept disarming myself ( Disarming is the wrong word but cant think of anything more suitable) I dont wear a knife as a weapon, I 100% carry it simply as a tool.

I like the look of the AG Russell Sting, like a boot knife style.

8 December 2011, 09:58,
(8 December 2011, 00:35)WetandCold Wrote: I like the look of the AG Russell Sting, like a boot knife style.

Aah my original sting was a beauty, proper A G Russell made sting, wooden grips, superbly balanced, it was part of me and served with me the last tens years of my army service. I lost the bloody thing when one of my cadets stole it. This little sting I have now is CRKTs all steel version with the multi function tactical sheath, it disappears when dressed formally such as wearing a suit etc either around my ankle or across the small of my back. Its not as handy as my Voyager or XL Voyager but its still a good tool.

8 December 2011, 11:22,
i dont go into cities anymore, i left Plymouth 12 years ago and went back to visit friends 2 years ago and was very glad to get out again, too many people and too much traffic, i guess i have become a countryman at last and that is where my future lies.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 December 2011, 12:04,
There are some nice looking blades out there. I like knives so I have a few but the only one I carry on me is the Swiss Army Knife. The others are in the car, at home or with my bug out kits,

My favourite is Blackie Collins folder I bought quite a few years ago. Can't find a picture though. I also bought a polymer version. This is exactly the same minus the metal parts. Fits nicely on my belt and can very quickly be deployed. The polymer one can sharper well but I don't know how long it holds. I find myself reluctant to use them. He won't be making any more. When TSHTF I'll have the metal one on my belt and the polymer one on my belt at the back all the time.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin