Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
what would you advise folk not to buy !!!!!!!
11 August 2013, 22:40,
RE: what would you advise folk not to buy !!!!!!!
All the while we have a society with laws and order and so on, your gold is easy for you to hold. If law and order break down, it is not the one that holds something that only has value because people ascribe it value that has the power to keep what they have, it is those that have the means, desire and grit to take it - if they want it - that shall have it.

Think of The Pearl by Stienbeck - you may have something that is worth a lot of money, but unless you have the means to hold on to it, it is nothing but a curse.
11 August 2013, 23:21,
Debbie,

Nobody is disagreeing. What they are saying is that Gold, Silver, platinum, etc. will only be valuable if some semblance of society returns similar to now.

Otherwise you have bought something that you can't eat or barter with.

It all comes down to what you think will happen and how much cash you have.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 August 2013, 00:08,
It is only an asset to you so long as you keep it secret (then what is the point of having it, unless for a time of law and order to come back?) or have the means to defend it that cost less than the value to asset appreciates by.

Otherwise, it is nothing more than a liability. We can look to the archaeological records of the Dark Ages for that - how many hordes of gold and other precious things were buried for hope of recovery in a better day for a person or their descendants?

Unless you can break it down into small parts to trade with, and hope it is tradable - perhaps holding onto rings that may be used as wedding rings may be a commodity of gold that you could trade that people may want in a society where common law has no weight?
12 August 2013, 08:32,
I keep some precious metals for barter it makes far more sense after TSHTF than promisary notes, and its easier than transport 10 tons of coal or fifty sheep to the barter meet.

12 August 2013, 08:42,
I agree on the precious metals being "worthless"

I find them worthless, but someone else might not.

I'd rather take a chance and have skills or suchlike to trade, rather than stockpiling something that may be worthless, and of little use other than to look at.

I'd advise folk not to but a czech army sleep system, was bitterly disappointed at how poor it was.

I'd also advise people not to buy PMR446 radios, get the UV5R first and lear how to program it for pmr freqs, it'll be of much more use to you.

and don't just buy something cos its expensive, i've got a 4" lock knife that i've fallen in love with, it's taken some abuse, still going strong, and only set me back £6!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
12 August 2013, 09:30,
don't buy branded stuff just cos it has a well known brand, check out reviews first, I buy stuff cos it suits me not because it has a brand, I have lock knifes that have NO brand and cost me £4 or so and they have given me good service for yonks.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 August 2013, 13:39,
I'm going to wait until someone wants a tin of beans for gold. Tin opener is extra.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 August 2013, 13:41,
a tin opener would be worth more than a tin of beans!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 August 2013, 18:36,
I'd avoid 90% of things with the word "Tactical" in the description.
12 August 2013, 20:17,
Gamo Pro Hunter air rifle pellets (.177 calibre) Complete rubbish

The same version in .22 are Ok though.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580