I've considered it but done nothing
I've considered it and made plans
I've planned this out fully
It is not an issue for me
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPSEC
12 September 2011, 22:24, (This post was last modified: 12 September 2011, 22:28 by Skean Dhude.)
OPSEC
At your retreat or at your home if you are staying at home you need to consider OPSEC. However, in most cases there are many issues associated with OPSEC which makes OPSEC an issue for most of us.

Personally, I have looked around and have made plans to improve OPSEC at my current location by identifying what changes I can make, purchasing the tools and the equipment and have made written plans of what needs to be done and the priority order.

I have identified several areas that need urgent attention;
1) Black out curtains
2) Defoliating plants
3) Hiding stores
4) Collapsing main stairs
5) 'Looting' my own kitchen, garage and shed to make it look derelict
6) Strategically placing broken glass, brambles, etc. outside
7) Traps and weapons inside
8) Planning meals to control cooking smells
9) Planning functions to control noise
10) Toilet facilities

What are you looking at for your OPSEC at your retreat or home?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 September 2011, 10:33,
RE: OPSEC
This is OPSEC *after* an event.
Do we need another poll for OPSEC before an event?

One of my biggest fears is the arrival of 30 friends and acquaintances on my doorstep expecting to share in my meagre supplies and not taking 'go away' for an answer.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
15 September 2011, 21:20,
(13 September 2011, 10:33)Skvez Wrote: This is OPSEC *after* an event.
Do we need another poll for OPSEC before an event?

One of my biggest fears is the arrival of 30 friends and acquaintances on my doorstep expecting to share in my meagre supplies and not taking 'go away' for an answer.

Your friends and aquaintances know you have meagre supplies? Huh

Mum's the word!
16 September 2011, 06:26,
I figured that after an event there's a possibility that there is going to be a small crowd/gang going around trying to scavenge food and supplies from homes, abandoned or otherwise, in the local area.

Part of my opsec is to be a member of this gang/crowd. It's the perfect cover, pretend to be hungry and desperate during the day and then return at night to the place where you have a good well hidden supply of food and have yourself a good meal, not too much though, you still need to look like your hungry the next day.
If the people in the gang/crowd are aware of what house you lived in before the event then they will think it has no food, otherwise you wouldn't be with them searching other homes.

Eventualy over time the crowd/gang will disperse/ starve or move on and you can go back to your 'home' with less fear of being discovered. If your supplies have been hidden well they will still be there when you eventualy return.
I know there will be more than one gang going around but i'd hope that over a very short period of time these gangs/crowds will decline in numbers as they move further afield in their search for food/supplies.
Also running with a gang/crowd does give you the added security of safety in numbers when you may need it the most.

Just a thought.

There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

16 September 2011, 09:32,
Reality,

Good idea and one that is worth considering. Although I don't see gangs wandering the street as such, existing gangs may do so, it will be more clumps of people banding together to consider options with the occassional visit to somewhere. But I agree being there should make them consider your home to be empty. Still keep things hidden though so you can take people in.

OPSEC is a all time plan, before, during and after not specifically for certain times.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 September 2011, 11:08,
(16 September 2011, 06:26)Reality Jones Wrote: I figured that after an event there's a possibility that there is going to be a small crowd/gang going around trying to scavenge food and supplies from homes, abandoned or otherwise, in the local area.

Part of my opsec is to be a member of this gang/crowd.
And does part of your plan include beating people to death to steal their food?
If so you may well end up on the opposite end of a shotgun to someone else on this forum.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
16 September 2011, 23:41,
if anyone comes my way they need to wave a big white flag!
traps and ied's are there for a reason and that's to kill anyone
if your sneeking around or marching into peoples homes then anything goes?
if someone' working with me i share if not i don't
to win the war, you must be willing to die
17 September 2011, 10:50,
Fair enough but let us not forget that kids do not think the same way as adults and some bright flowers next to your IED is a magnet to them. Won't endear you with your neighbours, even those working with you, if you reduce one of their minature units to a 10 foot wide red spot. You also have to allow people to initiate contact. That is how trade and friendship starts.

Use the traps and IEDs by all means but plan them out and consider all the options.
Skean Dhude
17 September 2011, 23:25,
i wouldn't have flowers and nice things around and some things can only be set off by controlled fire. that way you know before you fire to kill what you are killing.
some traps can just catch or trap and hold, and things are set out in primater spacing letting me now when, where and how many along with direction.
it's all in the planning.
different attacks call for different responses.
to win the war, you must be willing to die
18 September 2011, 09:53,
That is fine. You have clearly thought about it but many people haven't beyond setting the traps. I like to give people something to think about.
Skean Dhude