Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staples
7 December 2011, 21:41,
RE: Staples
I think keep it basic is key we don't need to grow everything under the sun.

7 December 2011, 22:01,
I was thinking along the lines of bush tucker.
Now dont get me wrong I havent tried much in the way of that kind of thing but, worms are full of protein, as are bugs and insects etc..
I think its an option worth looking at, maybe for an article?
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
7 December 2011, 22:22,
(7 December 2011, 22:01)mikebratcher69 Wrote: I was thinking along the lines of bush tucker.
Now dont get me wrong I havent tried much in the way of that kind of thing but, worms are full of protein, as are bugs and insects etc..
I think its an option worth looking at, maybe for an article?

Now you’re talking growing crops will give you plenty of bush tucker, I have yet to try insects myself and really hope it don't come to that, but is something worth learning more about for sure, slugs do look meaty it’s just a shame that they just happen to be slugs hehe.
7 December 2011, 22:42,
I've had stir fried worms and worm omlette on an army survival course, along with rat, squirrel, pigeon and road kill cat, bloody awful

8 December 2011, 00:48, (This post was last modified: 8 December 2011, 12:12 by Skean Dhude.)
(7 December 2011, 22:42)NorthernRaider Wrote: I've had stir fried worms and worm omlette on an army survival course, along with rat, squirrel, pigeon and road kill cat, bloody awful

My kids don't have a problem with it my eldest son will eat them big spiders I think maybe I might have trained them a little too much.

(yes spiders and posion and all that)

I am getting them a choc covered scorpion for a Xmas game we are going to play an eating competition winner gets a prize, these games are fun but also sneaky, get them in correct frame of mind. a win win.

Edit : SD to correct formatting
8 December 2011, 12:14,
Apparently bugs are the untapped food source. Eaten quite a bit in the far east but just waiting to be eaten over here. It's on my list and I have done articles before. You can find them on my menu it'll be just above starvation, second from the bottom.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin