Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thoughts on GHB's
15 August 2013, 13:55,
RE: Thoughts on GHB's
After seeing Scythes GHB I've stripped my GHB down to become a GHQB. I was all geared up for comfort, I would have been quite happy on a 2 or 3 week wander home, but that's not the idea. Now it's so light I can barely tell I'm carrying it, got everything I need for 200 mile trek - I just need to add in some of those Vibrams and I'm good to go. They look a bit funny, but damn they're comfortable!! I'll order those tomorrow Big Grin
I've got a couple of additional items in mine, like a lock-pick snap gun, just to ensure that if I find a building I can at least go in and have a gander round without having to waste energy in smashing my way in.
15 August 2013, 14:01,
200 miles? damn that's a long walk! better "borrow" a bicycle...we can cycle 4 times as fast as we can walk and in half the time. normally the furthest I am from home is 100 miles or so(Wilderness Gathering or Glastonbury say) but that's just once or twice a year, usually I am within 20-25 miles of home.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 August 2013, 14:07,
(15 August 2013, 14:01)bigpaul Wrote: 200 miles? damn that's a long walk! better "borrow" a bicycle...we can cycle 4 times as fast as we can walk and in half the time. normally the furthest I am from home is 100 miles or so(Wilderness Gathering or Glastonbury say) but that's just once or twice a year, usually I am within 20-25 miles of home.

Aye, obviously if I can steal a bike then I'll do that, but I always plan for the worst, which would be shanks pony.

As you know, I'm 200 miles away for 3 days a week. I'd be more tempted to steal a motorbike, not bothered about noise, just want to get home quickly!
15 August 2013, 14:11,
(15 August 2013, 14:07)BeardyMan Wrote:
(15 August 2013, 14:01)bigpaul Wrote: 200 miles? damn that's a long walk! better "borrow" a bicycle...we can cycle 4 times as fast as we can walk and in half the time. normally the furthest I am from home is 100 miles or so(Wilderness Gathering or Glastonbury say) but that's just once or twice a year, usually I am within 20-25 miles of home.

Aye, obviously if I can steal a bike then I'll do that, but I always plan for the worst, which would be shanks pony.

As you know, I'm 200 miles away for 3 days a week. I'd be more tempted to steal a motorbike, not bothered about noise, just want to get home quickly!
yeah, that was my second thought(borrow a motorbike) but not everybody can ride a motorbike, a know people that cant even ride a bicycle come to thatBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 August 2013, 14:33,
(15 August 2013, 14:11)bigpaul Wrote:

yeah, that was my second thought(borrow a motorbike) but not everybody can ride a motorbike, a know people that cant even ride a bicycle come to thatBig Grin

Moped Big Grin
They're like knobbing a fat bird, great fun until your mates see you riding it...
15 August 2013, 14:56,
(15 August 2013, 14:33)BeardyMan Wrote:
(15 August 2013, 14:11)bigpaul Wrote:

Moped Big Grin
They're like knobbing a fat bird, great fun until your mates see you riding it...

my second wife was a fat bird, ive not no complaints!Tongue
15 August 2013, 22:20,
Sounds like some of you ex-squaddies were in a competition for the 'ropey trophy'