Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DM article on YESTERDAy TV show about disasters
15 August 2013, 08:59,
DM article on YESTERDAy TV show about disasters
Whilst the apocalyptic images are quite entertaining (I would love to see London reduced to burning rubble) the writing of the article itself provides us with an interesting insight in the the public and larges fears and concerns about being victims in a natural disaster.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...sters.html

15 August 2013, 09:05,
RE: DM article on YESTERDAy TV show about disasters
yes, but do they actually DO anything about it? probably not.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 August 2013, 10:27,
I hazard a guess that checking the comments will give a better opinion on what people think.

Turns out, they don't care.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 August 2013, 10:35,
yep your right Scythe, people just don't care, maybe they care about as long as it takes to read the article then they move onto the sport pages and promptly forget all about it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 August 2013, 14:18,
comment 1 says it all

I expect somewhere there are these very sad people that are busily planning for the next big earth event but probably whatever they are planning for will be entirely the wrong event or catastrophically much underestimated. We will have to take our chances as much as the other animals.

- Frank , Brighton, 15/8/2013 13:49
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
15 August 2013, 20:03,
What is of concern to me is these articles seem to be coming more and more into the main media.................maybe to make us aware ? a warning of things to come ? ......or is it me just blowing it out my arse.
15 August 2013, 22:22,
Yeah but look at the Westminster Bridge. It can't be that bad. The buses are still running!

x
16 August 2013, 17:05,
(15 August 2013, 08:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: Whilst the apocalyptic images are quite entertaining (I would love to see London reduced to burning rubble) the writing of the article itself provides us with an interesting insight in the the public and larges fears and concerns about being victims in a natural disaster.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...sters.html

If you'd been alive in 1940-41, you might have gotten your chance to see London reduced to burning rubble. The East End and docks would have qualified anyway. On the other hand, both Cologne and Heidelberg WERE reduced to burning rubble as was Tokyo (fire storms from incendiary bombs can do that to a city).

While I have no love of the cities of Detroit, Chicago, New York, and others, I don't think I'd want any US city reduced to burning rubble. Besides, it seems that Detroit at least, is reducing itself to rubble (though not burning). It's just taking a bit longer.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
16 August 2013, 17:12,
the state that Londonistan is in these days, even some of our members who live there says its the pits, the best thing that could happen is it isto be reduced to a pile of rubble.
17 August 2013, 04:47,
Most Brits today are only interested in having a good time, as they call it. There is very little thought for the future. Muddling through life in this way is courting disaster. I am so pleased that there are people who care and think of their family and friends. And I am proud to be amongst them, for most of them are posting on this site. Kenneth Eames.