Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the top 4 reasons why your not going to survive bugging out to the woods.
15 August 2013, 09:16,
the top 4 reasons why your not going to survive bugging out to the woods.
THIS IS AN AMERICAN SITE- so if this isn't your bag don't click the link. subject matter:Bugging out to the woods, here's the link: http://ready4itall.org/the-top-4-reasons...the-woods/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 August 2013, 09:42,
RE: the top 4 reasons why your not going to survive bugging out to the woods.
BP that links not working buddy
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
15 August 2013, 10:23,
ignore where it says not found, if you move the page down the link appears, click on where it says read more and the full article will appearBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 August 2013, 11:18,
(15 August 2013, 09:16)bigpaul Wrote: THIS IS AN AMERICAN SITE- so if this isn't your bag don't click the link. subject matter:Bugging out to the woods, here's the link: http://ready4itall.org/the-top-4-reasons...the-woods/

Smile Good synopsis BP Smile
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

15 August 2013, 11:43,
(15 August 2013, 11:18)Lightspeed Wrote:
(15 August 2013, 09:16)bigpaul Wrote: THIS IS AN AMERICAN SITE- so if this isn't your bag don't click the link. subject matter:Bugging out to the woods, here's the link: http://ready4itall.org/the-top-4-reasons...the-woods/

Smile Good synopsis BP Smile

thank you-had to be said!Big Grin
15 August 2013, 12:31,
http://ready4itall.org/the-top-4-reasons...the-woods/
found it cheers BP
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
15 August 2013, 13:41, (This post was last modified: 15 August 2013, 13:42 by BeardyMan.)
I understand the whole bugging out / refugee thing, BUT, none of the articles I've read take into account the gear people have. I could set up camp in the middle of winter and be fine for months, maybe indefinitely, with the equipment we have available, and that's with the missus an little'un in tow.

In fact, my full blown camping set up is more comfortable than the house!

If you have enough people with the correct gear then moving from house to set up in the woods isn't that much of a problem, and it certainly doesn't equal death as soon as winter hits.

Article is pretty narrow in it's view, and misses out some quite logical points that negate much of what's written.

Also, what good is that article? "You're not going to survive, so change your plans!" Well, that's what the writer thinks, what makes him the definitive authority? Nothing, just conjecture - all of which can be argued against.
15 August 2013, 13:50,
the reasons given if you go through them one at a time, aren't so much what the Bug outer is doing but more about OTHER people over which we have little or NO control, what these others do may effect our survival or non survival, this of course would be the same if we were living in a tent, a brush shelter, a barn or a house. I think its more about picking your location well in advance of the collapse and not just "Bugging out to the woods" blindly and in a panic-which is what of course the sheeple will be doing-if they think about it at all.
15 August 2013, 13:59,
(15 August 2013, 13:50)bigpaul Wrote: the reasons given if you go through them one at a time, aren't so much what the Bug outer is doing but more about OTHER people over which we have little or NO control, what these others do may effect our survival or non survival, this of course would be the same if we were living in a tent, a brush shelter, a barn or a house. I think its more about picking your location well in advance of the collapse and not just "Bugging out to the woods" blindly and in a panic-which is what of course the sheeple will be doing-if they think about it at all.

I think that's going to be much more prevalent in the US, where many people go hunting / fishing etc. Speak to the average person in the UK and they couldn't tell you where the local woods are, let alone how to get there. But yeah, you don't want to be anywhere near loads of desperate people. But, if you know the area (woods etc) and have been in situ for a while, you have the upper hand. As long as you've got the right equipment and plenty of fuse Wink
15 August 2013, 14:07,
(15 August 2013, 13:59)BeardyMan Wrote: I think that's going to be much more prevalent in the US, where many people go hunting / fishing etc. Speak to the average person in the UK and they couldn't tell you where the local woods are, let alone how to get there. But yeah, you don't want to be anywhere near loads of desperate people. But, if you know the area (woods etc) and have been in situ for a while, you have the upper hand. As long as you've got the right equipment and plenty of fuse Wink
I apologise to everyone for my links being mainly American but the yanks have been at this a lot longer and they have a wealth of info but it dosent always apply this side of the pond, some does but not all of itBig Grin
I agree with you BM, a lot of Brits couldn't find their backsides with both hands never mind the local woods. I could take you to places that don't see a stranger for weeks sometimes months and where a tourist would NEVER go.