Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicken Murderer!!!
16 August 2013, 09:38,
RE: Chicken Murderer!!!
(15 August 2013, 17:26)Mortblanc Wrote: A month or so ago I had to kill a rooster. He had gotten very aggressive toward people and extremely abusive to the hens. It got to the point that he would charge me every time I opened or entered the chicken run.

I do not keep my livestock as pets and this rude, crude and socially unacceptable behavior was intolerable and cutting into egg production and the general health of my birds.

Finally, I was working in the garden, heard one of my new chicks scream and saw the rooster standing on the chick pecking at it fiercely.

My instinctive reaction took over. I had a shovel in my hands and I caught the rooster with what you folks would describe as a "perfect cricket swing". He twitched a couple of times and expired.

My neighbor, an urban conditioned vegetarian and professional nurse, found out about the incident.

She asked how I would like for someone to smack me in the head with a shovel? Indicating that she had considered the option.

I immediately asked her how a person who was supposedly dedicated to preserving and insuring the health of humans could place the value of a chicken life ahead of the value of a human life?

It is not OK for me to kill a chicken???

But it is acceptable for her to kill me for killing the chicken????

Comments? Toughts?
She's probably a bleeding heart liberal PETA member MortBig Grin
17 August 2013, 08:12,
RE: Chicken Murderer!!!
Ask her, in her clinical opinion, does she consider anthropomorphism the symptom of trauma, mental illness, hiding a sense of lack of self identity or if it should remain in the domain of myths, fables and fairy stories.

I would also ask her what her professional body would think of view that she holds on violence and question if perhaps she should have been a veterinary nurse rather than a people nurse.