Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dont be put off...
9 December 2011, 22:42,
RE: dont be put off...
The ex military stuff is usually designed for rugged use by men with big ham fists and who usually use brute force rather than finesse. It means you get a good solid bit of kit that will last a long time. But you still need redundancy, three of everything as the saying goes. Sometimes it is worthwhile getting cheaper but still good for backup, barter, etc. but don't buy really cheap crap even if it is a lot cheaper. It is a sure way to be disappointed.

That little bit extra you spend is a good investment.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 December 2011, 11:08,
(9 December 2011, 18:43)WetandCold Wrote: In my case I am not alone and bug out is let’s say on a larger scale to what I have read yours will be BP.

i am not alone either, Wet&Cold, but i must admit my preps are on a more basic level given finances that are available to us.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 December 2011, 18:52, (This post was last modified: 10 December 2011, 19:00 by mikebratcher69.)
thats the same as me BP, I havnt got a sh*t load of money, and what I do have has to be rationed to many things...
I have a modest supply and I'm trying to build up all the time, but the best way to make meager preps last longer, come shtf, is to instantly ration all food to one meal a day per person.
and best to keep all preps secure in case of mr or mrs greedy from your group spotting them and eating a sh*t load.
mind you, if you take a note from nature, the animals feed up before winter, which I suppose you could liken to a survival situation in that foods scarce, so high fat foods would be good and probably the fattier the better as what your body doesnt use gets stored as a fat layer, so good again for days you cant catch or dont have food me thinks.
I think BP and Me are at an advantage anyway as we're extra cuddly already....not that I think BP's Cuddly but you catch my drift....
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
11 December 2011, 11:27,
(10 December 2011, 18:52)mikebratcher69 Wrote: I think BP and Me are at an advantage anyway as we're extra cuddly already....not that I think BP's Cuddly but you catch my drift....

Thank you, kind sir!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.