Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi guys
18 August 2013, 20:48,
RE: Hi guys
Readiness, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.
N.R's ready may not be mine or vice versa, the same for any other type of prepper as N.R. said previously.
Neither is wrong, but obviously I'm far more handsome....Big Grin

Anyway, as N.R. says its better to have than want, its better to know than wonder and its better to be ready than be caught by surprise.

Keep your eyes open, check out the alternative news sites as these cover possible threats that the mainstream doesn't/wont.
Even if you cant afford loads of spanky flashy kit, dont give up, improvisation is key, as is knowledge.

Some of us haven't got the time for example to practice as much as we should or "do" as much as we should, but learning is never misplaced or wrong.

While we still have the internet learn away, soak up the knowledge of the vast array of prepper knowledge online.

Don't dismiss the u.s. sites either , we've got a few u.s. members here who are as wise as anybody could wish... even if they're not as handsome as me......Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
18 August 2013, 22:18,
Hello and Welcome.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 August 2013, 22:40,
hi and welcome from east lancs

sound like your well setup
18 August 2013, 23:28,
Can anyone ever be ready? Well, from the sound of your setup, if the worst you envision is a three-day power cut or being snowed in for a week, you might be justified in feeling a wee bit content. But wouldn't you be better off if at least some of your frozen provisions were stored using a different method, rather than risking losing some or all of it to a power outage? That's something else that needs to be looked into already and perhaps new skills to be learned.

We just don't have the benefit of a crystal ball or a prophet in the pocket so, while we each have our own particular fears, we simply don't know what may be coming. We try then to prepare for the unexpected and that means there's always something more to do or to learn.

You have a great start, far better than my present position so I congratulate you and I wish you luck for your future. We'll all need that, no matter how well prepared we are.

Welcome by the way, from SW Scotland. Smile

19 August 2013, 08:16,
Welcome from South Bucks
19 August 2013, 10:46,
welcome to the forum
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
19 August 2013, 18:02,
Welcome Bonnox from the West of Scotland. At least you've made a good start with your Preps, keep adding. Kenneth Eames.
19 August 2013, 18:44,
hello and welcome from Norfolk Smile and yes mate you need more food pal
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 August 2013, 19:30,
Hiya mate from the lake district.
19 August 2013, 20:16,
(18 August 2013, 23:28)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: Can anyone ever be ready? Well, from the sound of your setup, if the worst you envision is a three-day power cut or being snowed in for a week, you might be justified in feeling a wee bit content. But wouldn't you be better off if at least some of your frozen provisions were stored using a different method, rather than risking losing some or all of it to a power outage? That's something else that needs to be looked into already and perhaps new skills to be learned.

We just don't have the benefit of a crystal ball or a prophet in the pocket so, while we each have our own particular fears, we simply don't know what may be coming. We try then to prepare for the unexpected and that means there's always something more to do or to learn.

You have a great start, far better than my present position so I congratulate you and I wish you luck for your future. We'll all need that, no matter how well prepared we are.

Welcome by the way, from SW Scotland. Smile

I don't think i am ready, but this is my point, with all the will in the world and months of prepping can any of us truly honestly say we are ready ? Until tshtf no one truly knows what the 's' is going t be, we can make a start and be as prepared for a broad spectrum of eventualities, but unless you own a fully stocked camp bastion I don't feel anyone can be ready for EVERY eventuality, just my opinion