Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Zeer Pot - Refrigeration without Electricity
19 August 2013, 22:01,
The Zeer Pot - Refrigeration without Electricity
I found this interesting information quite by accident. It could prove to be very useful. See what you think.

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/videos/chi...pot-fridge
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 August 2013, 22:19,
RE: The Zeer Pot - Refrigeration without Electricity
I have been meaning to try this out, its a great idea, I just haven't been anywhere to buy the pots yet,... but I must try it sometime
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 August 2013, 22:35,
I tried it last year, but it didn't work very well - because the weather wasn't hot enough. The cooling is created by evaporation, and without heat there's no evaporation...

I've still got the pots, though, so if we get another hot day I might try it again. Not sure how much use it would be in our normal weather, but if it prolongs food life by even a day it's worth a try.
19 August 2013, 22:56,
Those devices do not "chill" anything. They keep it slightly cooler than the room temp, but not cold enough to say the food will be preserved, like a refrigerator of commercial ice chest.

Safe temp for keeping food is 38 degrees F and these devices will not achieve that.
20 August 2013, 09:13,
we were talking about this a couple of days ago, best way is to dig a hole and sink an old chest freezer into the hole, this will stay at ground temperature which is always more constant than air temperature-which tends to fluctuate, sort of a root cellar type thing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.