Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Radio covert communications
26 August 2013, 19:38,
RE: Non Radio covert communications
Thanks HL

Good idea. When my new toys arrive, I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

28 August 2013, 20:21, (This post was last modified: 28 August 2013, 20:24 by Mortblanc.)
The reinvention of the wheel;

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/telephone4.htm

originally telephone networks were hard wired and battery powered.

One does not even need the surplus army field sets, just a few old phones, some wire and a solar charger for the battery.
28 August 2013, 21:51,
(28 August 2013, 20:21)Mortblanc Wrote: The reinvention of the wheel;

One does not even need the surplus army field sets, just a few old phones, some wire and a solar charger for the battery.

Hi Mortblanc, you;re right telephones are a fairly simpl and discreet way of communication.

I'm looking at range of between 1/4 and 1 1/2 miles mostly across agricultural land, to observation locations beyond the boundaries of our property. It would be very hard to run wires between these locations and even if I were able to, they would almost certainly get cut by farming activities.

We are already using ultra low powered radios succesfully. I am considering alternatives thet areeven more discreet.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

29 August 2013, 14:44,
This is an excellent post and I do hope to eventually set up such a system for use in a Survival situation. Many good ideas. Kenneth Eames.
30 August 2013, 11:37,
Its a good idea and well worth looking into but i feel it will be of little use in the early stages of an event , my reasons as i see it are the system reqiures line of sight which will probably mean one or both of the users needs to be in an elevated position which whilst it can be good to defend is also a draw to humans as a vantage/lookout point , i think if you choose a location because of its elevation you need to be ready for a lot of visitors.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
30 August 2013, 11:42,
(30 August 2013, 11:37)Midnitemo Wrote: Its a good idea and well worth looking into but i feel it will be of little use in the early stages of an event , my reasons as i see it are the system reqiures line of sight which will probably mean one or both of the users needs to be in an elevated position which whilst it can be good to defend is also a draw to humans as a vantage/lookout point , i think if you choose a location because of its elevation you need to be ready for a lot of visitors.

Good logic, you may well be right.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

30 August 2013, 13:57,
Now is the time to set them up while you can. Don't just do comms but security devices. In the early stages then you will have comms and cover from people trying to sneak in.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 August 2013, 18:29,
(28 August 2013, 21:51)Lightspeed Wrote:

Hi Mortblanc, you;re right telephones are a fairly simpl and discreet way of communication.

I'm looking at range of between 1/4 and 1 1/2 miles mostly across agricultural land, to observation locations beyond the boundaries of our property. It would be very hard to run wires between these locations and even if I were able to, they would almost certainly get cut by farming activities.

We are already using ultra low powered radios succesfully. I am considering alternatives thet areeven more discreet.

Use what you have and develop a simple code. That is the system used by militaries world wide for transmitting non-encrypted messages.

Simple call signs and code words work fine.

The U.S. Army has an SOI booklet that has rotating codes so you can change complex codes daily.

As for "taking the low ground"???

Consider this; If you control the high ground you also control the low ground!

It is simply one of the facts of life.

Keep in mind that I did say CONTROL the high ground, not just sit on it like a knot on a log.
30 August 2013, 18:35, (This post was last modified: 30 August 2013, 18:40 by Midnitemo.)
(30 August 2013, 18:29)Mortblanc Wrote:
(28 August 2013, 21:51)Lightspeed Wrote:

Use what you have and develop a simple code. That is the system used by militaries world wide for transmitting non-encrypted messages.

Simple call signs and code words work fine.

The U.S. Army has an SOI booklet that has rotating codes so you can change complex codes daily.

As for "taking the low ground"???

Consider this; If you control the high ground you also control the low ground!

It is simply one of the facts of life.

Keep in mind that I did say CONTROL the high ground, not just sit on it like a knot on a log.

you're only going to secure the high ground with some serious weaponry and in the uk .50cal brownings gpmg's, 81 mm's and claymores are off the menu , if you're up there you will struggle to hold it and you may end up in seige probably without water very quickly.

when things have settled down and the natural order of things comes about , lots sheeple have died off and you're still here and don't have any much bigger belligerent neighbours you might be able to take ownership off the high ground.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!