Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helmet
21 August 2013, 02:51,
RE: helmet
Actually I was taught that technique when I spent time on several army barracks. I can't remember wot it is called. But I mean if I have my rifle and came across a person or two I would step out quickly from cover and start giving quick short commands to drop to the floor etc.

If u act like you have all the power (confidence - even if u don't feel it) then they will react to your commands most of the time if not a show of force. Firing the rifle near or at one person will tend to get them to do then.

I have every intention of keep a low profile - but lets say two men are trying to rape a young girl would u not risk yourself to help the girl or would u simply walk on by?

I would always help. Sometimes surviving isn't enough; not if we wish to keep our humanity.
21 August 2013, 05:26,
Good luck with that then...

21 August 2013, 08:56,
(21 August 2013, 02:51)Mooski88 Wrote: If u act like you have all the power (confidence - even if u don't feel it) then they will react to your commands most of the time if not a show of force. Firing the rifle near or at one person will tend to get them to do then.

Wandering around PSHTF, armed, and some bloke in his surplus uniform jumps out of the bushes telling you what to do? You're goign to get shot.

Firing a rifle at OR NEAR them? Yep, you've just got yourself shot.
You can't really fake confidence, your body betrays you. Not a policy for a long and fruitful life...
21 August 2013, 10:09,
(20 August 2013, 17:58)MikeA Wrote:
(20 August 2013, 14:45)bigpaul Wrote: like I say, it was just a passing thought.

Dont bother with Army helmets, or any at all for that matter unless you're likely going to be caught up in an area with civil disturbance type scenarios unfolding, even then, go for either a hockey or bicycle helmet, (search Ebay for "bern"). A military lid will just mark you out big time.

Those Berns look quite good actually. some of them could be conceiled in a hood, so you wouldn't stand out out. Might be handy for nightime manouvers etc.
21 August 2013, 21:14,
(21 August 2013, 02:51)Mooski88 Wrote: Actually I was taught that technique when I spent time on several army barracks. I can't remember wot it is called. But I mean if I have my rifle and came across a person or two I would step out quickly from cover and start giving quick short commands to drop to the floor etc.

If u act like you have all the power (confidence - even if u don't feel it) then they will react to your commands most of the time if not a show of force. Firing the rifle near or at one person will tend to get them to do then.

I cant think what Army teaches that,... you are counting on the guy being very surprised and timid,.... dont ever take that risk, because you will not last long,...always expect the other guy to be at least as good as you, and dont ever take a chance
A major part of survival is invisibility.
21 August 2013, 21:23,
Rock climbing and gorge scrambling safety headwear can be useful, not against bullets or shrapnel of course but if you were scavenging or salvaging supplies from dilapadated buildings or navigating rail, road or canal tunnels that were no longer maintained then they could be a lifesaver. I think miliary helmets are likely to attract an unwelcome response.

22 August 2013, 08:43,
What courses in these Army barracks have you done mate ?
22 August 2013, 08:48,
(22 August 2013, 08:43)MikeA Wrote: What courses in these Army barracks have you done mate ?

Self Defence Through Shouting And Loud Noises

Big Grin
22 August 2013, 10:50,
Bummer!! and I was looking forward to wearing this post SHTF
http://www.getdressedforbattle.co.uk/aca...tml#SID=25
22 August 2013, 11:29,
(22 August 2013, 10:50)Tartar Horde Wrote: Bummer!! and I was looking forward to wearing this post SHTF
http://www.getdressedforbattle.co.uk/aca...tml#SID=25

Lets not count anything out now....