Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helmet
8 September 2013, 16:50,
RE: helmet
thankfully I am not in a place where I would expect to get involved in rioting, country people don't get involved in this sort of thing as a rule, if anything like this DID happen in my area I will do a swift about turn and go in the opposite direction as fast as my old legs can take me!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 September 2013, 07:25,
(7 September 2013, 08:32)Binnie Wrote: I'm considering one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAPER-12210-B...416e16bd39

I've seen mechanics using them, and more recently some contractors we use have them, a bit less conspicuous than some other options i think you'll agree

Binnie,

Thanks for posting this.

I nearly missed your advice as I was not following this thread.

The bump caps are perfect for me. I have constrction hatrd hats but find them too bulky and conspicuous in many situations.

I ordered a bump cap this morning, straight after seeing the link you posted.

This kind of information sharing is what makes the SUK site and forum essential reading for me.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 September 2013, 15:25,
if anyone is interested, there is a SWAT helmet on Ebay now for a buy now price of £12.45 with free postage.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 September 2013, 22:01,
Bump caps going cheap in Aldi right now!
9 September 2013, 23:05,
Helmets would only come out when the barbed wire and smuggled kalashnikovs come out; total breakdown, no turning back, when you have to patrol and guard your patch against others.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
12 September 2013, 18:04,
Have a helmet lying about and ready to use if the need arise, like a gas mask. But don't keep it in your primary Bug Out stash, it will be very heavy and cumbersome in your bag and your head will sweat a lot with it on. I'd say get a surplus military helmet if you're expecting shrapnel or something, maybe a riot one if you think blows to the head by ruffians may happen.
Positively Pessimistic