Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THIS is how you make bugout plans
21 August 2013, 03:38,
THIS is how you make bugout plans
Hello everyone, new to the forum. Im Richard from ready4itall.org. Saw that some of our articles were being talked about on here so I thought id share our newest post.

Ready4itall is a little different than a lot of prepper websites out there. We really try to stay away from a lot of the "Doomsday" topics and instead discuss realistic and practical preparedness and how it can help you in times of disaster and everyday life.

In this post we discuss how to logically make your bugout plans and how to set up a practical "go bag" or "bugout bag" for realistic disaster scenarios.

This is how you make bugout plans

Any and all feedback is appreciated and a special thanks to the admins for adding me to the forum.
21 August 2013, 04:09,
RE: THIS is how you make bugout plans
I quite liked that article. Puts me in mind to have a bug out bag for normal everyday emergencies and another bug out bag for a SHTF situation. I have several made up bug out bags of various sizes for other family members but I may make up a everyday emergency BoB for the whole family. Rucksack size because of the amount of documents that would involve.
21 August 2013, 04:19,
(21 August 2013, 04:09)Mooski88 Wrote: I quite liked that article. Puts me in mind to have a bug out bag for normal everyday emergencies and another bug out bag for a SHTF situation. I have several made up bug out bags of various sizes for other family members but I may make up a everyday emergency BoB for the whole family. Rucksack size because of the amount of documents that would involve.

Although i'd suggest always having a physical copy of important documents, it could be a good idea to see if you could store a separate copy of these off-site somewhere like at a family member's place or something...and then scanning all those documents into pdf form and storing them on a flash drive for your bugout bag to save space.

Ive even considered burying a pvc pipe with one of these flash drives in it (with an encryption program of course) in the backyard... just as a super cheap backup plan in case something happened to the house and for whatever reason I cant get to my off-site physical backup.
21 August 2013, 17:34,
"Preparedness is about learning new things, teaching people new things, responsibility, taking this plastic-coated, dependent society we’ve made and taking REAL control of our part in it. It’s about getting away from convenience and working towards self-sufficiency and building a life and a legacy that can be passed down to future generations so that one day, just maybe, we can reclaim a lot of what we’ve lost."

Want to print that out and frame it.