Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surviving? Is it worth it.
21 August 2013, 16:10,
RE: Surviving? Is it worth it.
You should be careful when trying to break up fights. Friend of mine saw one in the town center late at night, one bloke pasting another. He stopped the car, jumped out and tried to stop it. BOTH of the people fighting turned on him.

Keep yer nose out of other peoples business! Wink
21 August 2013, 16:34,
absolutely, mind our own business and stay alive to look after our own families.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 August 2013, 16:43,
(21 August 2013, 15:44)bigpaul Wrote: i'd mind my own business and skedaddle the other way, if I come on a fight I dont know what it is about, which is the assailant and which is the victim and anyway do I want to get involved? if I get injured or killed helping some complete stranger(its a bit different if its a known friend) it wont help my family will it? if I hear the commotion i'll probably take a big loop around the area and then rejoin my original route. better to ignore it and stay alive than risk everything including life itself.

Yes and what if it was you on the receiving end.
I assume you are prepared to get what ever is given, even unto death?
21 August 2013, 17:23,
(21 August 2013, 16:43)John Wrote:
(21 August 2013, 15:44)bigpaul Wrote: i'd mind my own business and skedaddle the other way, if I come on a fight I dont know what it is about, which is the assailant and which is the victim and anyway do I want to get involved? if I get injured or killed helping some complete stranger(its a bit different if its a known friend) it wont help my family will it? if I hear the commotion i'll probably take a big loop around the area and then rejoin my original route. better to ignore it and stay alive than risk everything including life itself.

Yes and what if it was you on the receiving end.
I assume you are prepared to get what ever is given, even unto death?
absolutely.... trust you to come up with that one!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 August 2013, 17:36, (This post was last modified: 21 August 2013, 17:38 by Prepper1.)
How'd you know that its not a set up?

and when you bring that poor wretched girl back to your camp with your family, she doesn't kill one or all of yours to try and take your stuff?

Sorry but morals now, depending on the situation as I cant risk dying, because who'll look after mine?

Absolutely no morals after, if its nothing to do with mine, apart from dispatching the attacker from a distance if I saw fit if I could with no danger to me or mine at all.

It's not pretty robin hood fantasy land after an event, people would rip your knackers of for food and kill your lot as well.

Theres no room for hero's in survival, its about being careful, calculating and planning.
Isnt that what were doing now?

Whats the point of throwing it all away on some stranger and possibly leaving your wife and kids alone to defend themselves alone.

Maybe if your single looking to rescue a girl to be a hero....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
21 August 2013, 17:43,
its the old "Badger game" P1, females have been used for centuries as bait to lure in an unsuspecting male only to be jumped on by her males partners from the bushes! leave well alone, make a huge detour around the location and carry on your way home, that way you should get back safe and well to your family who are relying on you to keep them safe and well...no one else matters, that is where our duty lies not with strangers........
21 August 2013, 17:44,
TO RIGHT B.P. TOO RIGHT.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
21 August 2013, 17:50,
This is a conversation I have opened many times before.

For me, it is all situationally dependent.

With the rape one, as an example, have you ever smacked out a guy whom hit his girlfriend? EVERY time I see it, or have been involved in it, the woman turns on her 'rescuer'. Let's say a woman is being raped. You shoot the guy dead. Turns out he was her husband. She WILL turn on you. You'd have to be willing to shoot her as well as him, in that situation. Women be crazy hu? haha

As Beardyman says, first and foremost is me and mine. If they're safe, only then would I possibly get involved.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
21 August 2013, 17:59,
and everyone draws the line somewhere different. Ain't human nature great. That is why we survive so well. We think things through and we all come to different conclusions from the same data.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 August 2013, 18:17,
(21 August 2013, 17:59)Skean Dhude Wrote: and everyone draws the line somewhere different. Ain't human nature great. That is why we survive so well. We think things through and we all come to different conclusions from the same data.

aint that the truth?Big GrinBig Grin