Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camp Club!!
21 August 2013, 15:14,
Camp Club!!
After the success of the last camp myself and Beardyman are so keen to get back on Dartmoor we have decided to do another camp: September 14th – 15th. I can use this to check my kit after my massive bivvy fail last time lol. This should fit in nicely to ready me for S13’s camp.
No big hikes as we are camping near the cars in a secluded wooded area.
Again it’s open to all, so throw your hat in and myself or Beardy will PM you with a location nearer the date.

As usual please respect the normal OPSEC procedures. Basically no public blabbing!!
21 August 2013, 15:20,
RE: Camp Club!!
i'm out-sept 14th is my bow making course.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 August 2013, 08:17,
The First rule of Camp Club is......

You have to be camp. Hello Sailor Wink

A nice relaxing night in the woods this one.
22 August 2013, 09:33,
80% I'll be there, ever miss out on a opportunity to camp, might have some new toys that will require field testing.
22 August 2013, 10:56,
Camping club is good. It builds up relationships but it isn't all you should be doing. Mix it up a bit like Scythe is doing every trip. It'll get more people interested and will stop it becoming repetitive.

It'll be better in the long run.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 August 2013, 11:00,
(22 August 2013, 10:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: Camping club is good. It builds up relationships but it isn't all you should be doing. Mix it up a bit like Scythe is doing every trip. It'll get more people interested and will stop it becoming repetitive.

It'll be better in the long run.

Depends on what you like doing. Running across the moors isn't for everyone. Personally I like to chill out in camp, others like to go off exploring, orienteering etc. Each to their own.

It's not an adventure weekend where you have to have set things to do. Just another night out under the stars.
22 August 2013, 11:04,
Aye im having a bit of a shit time at the mo, so a bit of peace will be welcomed. I'm gonna be kit testing and have a shed load of questions for Beardy and the team, so prepper stuff is in there too Smile
22 August 2013, 11:12,
Not everything is running around. You can try starting fires using just a knife and see how that goes. Try setting traps for small animals. Test out some of the techniques you have read about.

When I said like Scythe I meant do something different not copy him.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 August 2013, 11:22,
(22 August 2013, 11:12)Skean Dhude Wrote: Not everything is running around. You can try starting fires using just a knife and see how that goes. Try setting traps for small animals. Test out some of the techniques you have read about.

These are things people should be doing regardless.
This is what I do most weekends

I certainly don't think setting traps / snares in Dartmoor is a very good idea. Just imagine some tourists Jack Russel with it's head stuck in a snare, or crushed to death under a dead-fall trap.
22 August 2013, 14:02,
.. imagining.... Smile
Skean Dhude