Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be careful compadre's...
10 December 2011, 22:49, (This post was last modified: 10 December 2011, 23:05 by mikebratcher69.)
RE: Be careful compadre's...
(10 December 2011, 19:35)WetandCold Wrote: I always thought this time of year we don't drive on grass, as you will damage it, a general rule.

One point near where I live there is a huge village green kind of split into 3, and cars are not allowed to park on this but come the good weather your see 20/30 trucks/cars and people chatting and eating and so on all over these grass greens, the police never bother any of us because we respect it, come end of day there won't be any little and this goes on year after year.

I question your judgment on this.

Don’t misunderstand me I hate how our country is fenced up so tight, I just think you picked wrong time of year to drive on the grass maybe?
I agree a lack of judgement on my part... shame it couldnt have ben a warning not to do it again tho....In the old days the copper would have pissed himself laughing at you for getting stuck then warned you not to do it again, shame theres so many jobsworths about nowadays....

Thanks for all the good words from you all, just a cautionary tale for us all to bear in mind, we as preppers may or maynot always be on the right side of the law, I took today as a a lesson in howjobs worths are everywhere, especialy where you dont expect to see them. I mean how often do you see a copper nowadays? then heypresto you do something wrong and they turn up out of the woodwork....
I did wrong I wont deny it, but I didnt set out to do so, it just goes to show how quickly you can find yourself on the wrong side of the law and how different coppers deal with the same situation. as a side note I was once told by a copper that they punish the normally law abiding more than the scallys because they can, because as SD said they lawyer up pdq and we dont....
BE WARNED.... WATCH OUT WATCH OUT, THERES ALWAYS A HORRID COPPER ABOUT !!!!Big Grin
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
11 December 2011, 11:24,
many years ago when i was a teenager i was a passenger in a car driven by my father, he was stopped by a patrol car and the PC said, "Sir, do you know for 3 tenth's of a mile you have been doing 3mph over the speed limit?", the silly thing was cars were passing us as the copper was talking, doing 40mph or more(it was on a well known straight piece of road).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 December 2011, 13:25,
Law abiding people don't fight back they pay up meekly and are an easy source of revenue. Everyone picks on then burglars, muggers, plod and the courts.

Leave tyre tracks in grass, drop a bit of bread and you get the weight of the law on you. Batter someone in a mugging or a burglary and get plod telling you not to resist.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin