Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of the FAKE prepper!!
26 August 2013, 10:15,
RE: Beware of the FAKE prepper!!
sometimes "newbies" ask too many questions in a journalistic style.! sometimes newbies are way too opinionated....and seem to know the answers they are asking for "advice on"....id suggest to all "researcher newbie preppers" that try and press our buttons or are doing an article or a UK preppers 3 programme ....that although "WE" on this forum are different in our approach to prepping we all have the same goal......getting thru and SURVIVING the many POSSIBILITIES that we each prepp for.! ! don't come here to press our buttons as you wont get a warm welcome from some of us REAL preppers ......some of you "gizmo" types stand out a mile ...welcome to our world !!! see you on the road Skag.......... ROADWARRIOR (MAD MAX STYLE-APOCOLYPIC SCENARIO DAYDREAMER "type prepper" )
26 August 2013, 18:00,
What constitutes a fake prepper? surely the fact someone is here seeking advice picking up idea's and digesting SD's guidelines scenario's and databases makes them preppers , i'm new to this forum and it's the first one i've liked the look of but sure as egg's is egg's there will be some oddbods and troll's but that's just life.
26 August 2013, 18:38,
I dont believe that new prepers can ask too many questions,.. people who come to a forum like this, specially those who post are people who are desperate for information, if you are not aware of 90% of what is needed, then there is 90% of prepping that needs to be learnt, and many people want to learn fast

So as far as I see, no question is daft and I am willing to answer any number of questions if I can.

The point about the Journalist is a valid one, but I doubt that there is a question a person can ask that has not already been asked at some point somewhere on this forum, so a journalist is not going to gain from prepper related questions

I would be more worry about questions relating to meetings if anything where your OPSEC is more at risk
A major part of survival is invisibility.
26 August 2013, 18:46,
I wouldn't worry when you are just on the site but you need to be careful whhen you are meeting people. If in doubt don't.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 August 2013, 12:48,
To be honest I have become more cautious of late ...or more paranoid maybe . Been off a while my laptop died so had to get another. Only met BP from this site ,and that was great, missed out on a local ish meet done by BM, could not make that one cause of my dog but will turn up when I can in future events. By the way BP is definatley no fake.
27 August 2013, 12:52,
(27 August 2013, 12:48)Straight Shooter Wrote: Only met BP from this site ,and that was great, missed out on a local ish meet done by BM, could not make that one cause of my dog but will turn up when I can in future events. By the way BP is definatley no fake.

thank you, kind sir!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 August 2013, 13:01,
(25 August 2013, 21:50)Gizmo Wrote:
(23 August 2013, 09:22)Skean Dhude Wrote: People get different things out of these forums. Some think it is great, others think it is crap. Hopefully there is more of the former.

There are certainly some great posts on the forum SD, but unfortunately they get buried under the mountains of crap posts by the type of idiot i mentioned in my original post. Some people obviously spend hours researching and posting some of their articles but then when someone new joins the forum they dont find that stuff, all they find is a pile of crap from the idiots and internet tough guys. My personal opinion is that is why many of the new people don't hang around that long. Unfortunately they then lose the opportunity to gain a good start in prepping, and the forum loses new people who may have potentially added to the knowledge base

Such is the way with forums. The main site has less of the macho crap, although it has had some, but the forum is there for alternative views and has to be sifted for information. But there are nuggets out there.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 August 2013, 13:06,
"different strokes for different folks!": what one person considers "crap" another person might find very interesting, life would be very boring if we all thought and acted the same.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 August 2013, 13:38,
(27 August 2013, 13:06)bigpaul Wrote: "different strokes for different folks!": what one person considers "crap" another person might find very interesting, life would be very boring if we all thought and acted the same.

If everyone acted and thought like me, trust me, it wouldn't be boring at all haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 August 2013, 14:10,
(27 August 2013, 13:38)Scythe13 Wrote:
(27 August 2013, 13:06)bigpaul Wrote: "different strokes for different folks!": what one person considers "crap" another person might find very interesting, life would be very boring if we all thought and acted the same.

If everyone acted and thought like me, trust me, it wouldn't be boring at all haha.

it would be if we were all S13 clones! I don't act and think like anyone else, there's only one BP and i'm the genuine article.