Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bow help please!
23 August 2013, 13:17,
RE: Bow help please!
(23 August 2013, 12:57)BeardyMan Wrote: Cheers TH, it's not mine, matey next door pulled it out of his grandads loft.

21 inch arrows according to the writing on the bow itself.

I'll let him know to expect a knock on the head if he pulls it back too far though, and I'll not stand too close Wink
Cheers for the heads up!

21 inches is deffo for a junior bow, just stand well back mate and don't laughBig Grin
23 August 2013, 13:51,
my horse bow has a draw of 20 inches and it definitely ISNT a junior bow!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 August 2013, 14:00,
(23 August 2013, 13:17)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(23 August 2013, 12:57)BeardyMan Wrote: Cheers TH, it's not mine, matey next door pulled it out of his grandads loft.

21 inch arrows according to the writing on the bow itself.

I'll let him know to expect a knock on the head if he pulls it back too far though, and I'll not stand too close Wink
Cheers for the heads up!

21 inches is deffo for a junior bow, just stand well back mate and don't laughBig Grin

I'll make sure the wife is recording it when he brings it round for a test fire Big Grin
24 August 2013, 10:01,
(23 August 2013, 13:51)bigpaul Wrote: my horse bow has a draw of 20 inches and it definitely ISNT a junior bow!Big GrinBig Grin

That's because it is designed that way BP, a Long bow for an Adult would not be so small.
What do you mean your "horse bow" only pulls 20 inches? I don't understand BP. An adult "asiatic" style bows should be able to draw anywhere between 26-33 inches depending on anchor point and style of shooting. Have you bought a junior bow also mate?
24 August 2013, 10:22,
(24 August 2013, 10:01)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(23 August 2013, 13:51)bigpaul Wrote: my horse bow has a draw of 20 inches and it definitely ISNT a junior bow!Big GrinBig Grin

That's because it is designed that way BP, a Long bow for an Adult would not be so small.
What do you mean your "horse bow" only pulls 20 inches? I don't understand BP. An adult "asiatic" style bows should be able to draw anywhere between 26-33 inches depending on anchor point and style of shooting. Have you bought a junior bow also mate?
no, it was built especially for me as a copy of a Native American horse bow, its only 40 inches long and has a maximum draw length of 20 inches...
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 August 2013, 10:27, (This post was last modified: 24 August 2013, 10:30 by Tartar Horde.)
(24 August 2013, 10:22)bigpaul Wrote:
(24 August 2013, 10:01)Tartar Horde Wrote:

no, it was built especially for me as a copy of a Native American horse bow, its only 40 inches long and has a maximum draw length of 20 inches...
Ahh I see now, I understand why it has a short draw. A lot of the Plains bows were indeed small compared to the eastern woodland bows. The Bowyers Bible has some excellent information on "indian" bows, you should buy them mate, well recommended read for archers.

My mistake I assumed by "horse bow" you were talking Mongol, Scythian etc and not American Indian.