Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Education
9 September 2013, 11:27,
RE: Education
I went to a Grammar school and to be honest I loved every minute of it, Our teachers (masters) were old school cloak and hat wearing men who demanded your respect and took no back chat from anyone. We were always taught to be individuals and to develop our own ideas through analysis of the facts, rather than just regurgitate entrenched ideas. Challenging ideas was thoroughly encouraged as was the art of debate, something that is sadly lacking in state education.
I lasted two years as a Teacher and could not stand it anymore, the final straw was the man made global warming scam which was aggressively pushed into state schools with an almost religious zeal.
9 September 2013, 11:37,
(9 September 2013, 11:27)Tartar Horde Wrote: I went to a Grammar school and to be honest I loved every minute of it, Our teachers (masters) were old school cloak and hat wearing men who demanded your respect and took no back chat from anyone. We were always taught to be individuals and to develop our own ideas through analysis of the facts, rather than just regurgitate entrenched ideas. Challenging ideas was thoroughly encouraged as was the art of debate, something that is sadly lacking in state education.
I lasted two years as a Teacher and could not stand it anymore, the final straw was the man made global warming scam which was aggressively pushed into state schools with an almost religious zeal.

Yes indeed 'sadly' lacking
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
28 September 2013, 04:50,
I went to a US public school, which is quite different than those in UK.

My high school graduating class had 803 students. I was in a "home room" with problem children who had been placed there by the court. Our teacher and counselor was a WW2 vet, retired USMC Gunnery Sergeant who taught us how to respect ourselves and our mates. Most of my classmates were enrolled in the Reserve Officer Training Corps or ROTC, and many of them who were close to me served during the war in Vietnam and a number of them were killed.

I have kept in touch with many of my classmates, and they include retired military General Officers, "spooks," foreign service, intelligence community and various government workers from the "alphabet soup" agencies.

Society may have written us off, but we "turned out all right."

I did grow up with a cynicism towards the government and its political correctness. If they don't ME with MY gun, the nWTF should I trust THEM with THEIRS.

“When I refuse to obey an unjust law, I do not contest the right of the majority to command, but I simply appeal from the sovereignty of the people to the sovereignty of mankind.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
28 September 2013, 17:26,
I believe education is critical. There are some articles on the main site about it and I have plenty of educational material
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin