Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Storage Ideas
27 August 2013, 11:46,
RE: Food Storage Ideas
Just come back from Aldi where I purchased most of a 2 x 14 day supply

So One month to be stored. try for another bucket load tomorrow.

Hope I get it stored before we reach damascus.
27 August 2013, 12:31,
I like the modular preps as well for grab bags. This includes a few for food as well. After all you might live in a small store but if you are raided and you have to evacuate you want to have everything. A years supply of soap won't cut it while a rucksack with several days worth of food is fine.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 August 2013, 13:39,
(27 August 2013, 12:31)Skean Dhude Wrote: I like the modular preps as well for grab bags. This includes a few for food as well. After all you might live in a small store but if you are raided and you have to evacuate you want to have everything. A years supply of soap won't cut it while a rucksack with several days worth of food is fine.

This is my thought process as well. If you're staying at home, a single product per pack makes sense. But if you're moving, your 'store' becomes a cache, or bug out pack/bag/bucket.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 August 2013, 14:16,
(27 August 2013, 13:39)Scythe13 Wrote:
(27 August 2013, 12:31)Skean Dhude Wrote: I like the modular preps as well for grab bags. This includes a few for food as well. After all you might live in a small store but if you are raided and you have to evacuate you want to have everything. A years supply of soap won't cut it while a rucksack with several days worth of food is fine.

This is my thought process as well. If you're staying at home, a single product per pack makes sense. But if you're moving, your 'store' becomes a cache, or bug out pack/bag/bucket.

Even if you plan to stay at home, you should have your preps prepared to move at the drop of a hat.

I need to order more buckets!
27 August 2013, 15:27,
I wonder what a full bucket weighs? how far and how many could be carried in an emergency situation? probably ok if we didn't have to move them anywhere fast.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 August 2013, 21:19,
You can store them in a cache outside. Then it is less risky to sneak back and retrieve it.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 August 2013, 22:05,
Ok so today was delivered 10 x 25 Litre buckets.
As I said, I was proposing to put 14 days food for 2 people.

The problem in my OP, is that the cans just wont fit in.

I'm going to do a sizing exercise tomorrow but it might be
that each bucket will be 7 days for 2 people which will be very disappointing.
29 August 2013, 12:43,
Obviously you can't do anything with the tins but some of the other items might be better out of its packaging and repackaged to fit in the gaps. Worth a try.
Skean Dhude
29 August 2013, 16:59,
Hi RS where did you manage to find tinned bread?
29 August 2013, 17:05,
(29 August 2013, 16:59)I-K-E Wrote: Hi RS where did you manage to find tinned bread?

Rosspa.de used to sell it, not been on there for ages though so can't confirm 100%.

Tinned butter too, always a winner