Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foraging fruit
26 August 2013, 23:00,
Foraging fruit
I thought id ask if anyone goes out looking for fruit trees in there local area?
We went out with the dog this evening looking for fruit trees and found 6 apple trees and 1 pear tree around the edge of a local park.
There was also 4 plum trees but like my plumb tree they was almost bare of fruit.
Its also a good idea to mark them on a map for future reference, especially if its not somewhere you go on a regular basis.

This time of year apple and pear trees stick out like a sore thumb as the fruit changes colour.

Plus once you find one tree there is usually more planted in the area.
26 August 2013, 23:08,
RE: Foraging fruit
been through our park today as well checking out what's around

lots of brambles for berries and other forgeable food but also spotted a couple of rabbits in different part of the park as well as the usual squirrels and during the winter I've also spotted some deer in the park and I've got and idea where they live now from talking to a few people (just need to check it out)
26 August 2013, 23:58, (This post was last modified: 27 August 2013, 00:00 by Prepper1.)
Tell you one thing I've noticed recently though.
Refugees near me picking grass seed off grass when it was ready and also picking wild fruit.

This will only get worse as more are let in.

If the amount come over everybody is expecting and then some, you may well find that the local wild foods are either picked already or they'll be a damn sight more competition for it.

Maybe consider planting wild fruit trees, bushes in remote locations or hidden areas only you know about.

That's what I'm attempting to do right now expand my planting of wild fruits etc...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
27 August 2013, 09:04,
I am keeping my eye on a group of rose hips growing in the hedge where I meet a van every morning,.. some I think are red enough to take, some are going to be a bit longer

Hopefully some rose hip jelly later and some flour from the roasted remains

.... I do have fruit trees planted, but these are too young yet
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 August 2013, 16:20,
found pine and raspberries around my town. always on the lookout for useful stuff
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

27 August 2013, 17:00,
that reminds me-must go and check on a certain Damson tree !!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.