Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do the police trust you?
27 August 2013, 21:32,
RE: Do the police trust you?
Personally it's not so much as if they trust me.
It's more a case of whether
a. I'm not significant .... (different from insignificant)
or
b. My position in the community is 'known' and therefore they
think twice (or at least another 3 minutes) before they start in earnest.

Item A is probably easier in a TU situation but I've also used B.
when it suited me or I need to pull position in order to help someone.
27 August 2013, 21:32,
after a fashion they must trust me a bit , I don't have any ill feelings towards them , difficult job and like nursing its been infiltrated by people only in it for the money as opposed to people who saw helping people as a vocation , i treat everybody the same regardless of there position authority or status , i'll give you the benefit until you f*** me over.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 August 2013, 22:31,
(27 August 2013, 21:08)Prepper1 Wrote: I fail to see the point of the thread. Whether or not the police or i trust each other is a pretty much mute point.
I dont care if they trust me as they dont care if i trust them.
If you think a police man or woman realy cares if you trust them or not you need your head feeling.

The simple reason is to make people realise that the way they dress will have an effect on how they area treated by plod. If you know and are respected by the police, you're more likely to get a heads up about something that may be going on. Also, the way you dress can significantly effect the likelihood of whether you are searched by the police 'randomly' or not.

If you look trust worthy, you're more likely to be able to carry a knife with you and not worry about being searched, or mistaken for a criminal (or potential criminal).

It's really a question about whether you are GreyMan even to the police.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 August 2013, 22:36,
I do a very passable greyman but i have no urge to carry or break any laws until law has failed i intend to abide by it.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 August 2013, 22:42,
I think that people up here in general do trust the Police,.. but I think that our circumstances are a bit different, because of the communities, everyone becomes friends easier, for instance, the cops drink in the pubs with us off duty, and even spend time standing chatting at the bar when on duty

Everyone knows them [ there are only two to cover a vast area ] and they know all us, so they become more like the old time bobby
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 August 2013, 02:16,
(27 August 2013, 22:42)Highlander Wrote: I think that people up here in general do trust the Police,.. but I think that our circumstances are a bit different, because of the communities, everyone becomes friends easier, for instance, the cops drink in the pubs with us off duty, and even spend time standing chatting at the bar when on duty

Everyone knows them [ there are only two to cover a vast area ] and they know all us, so they become more like the old time bobby

this is how it was in england 40yrs ago but now its fallen apart cops should live where they work local beat bobbys who grew up and went to local schools getting to know local folk
Survive the jive (youtube )
28 August 2013, 08:23,
I don't have anything to do with the Police, I DONT want anything to do with the Police, and the only time you see plod is when they do an estate drive through, about once or twice a year, never get out of the car, 5 minutes and they are gone again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 August 2013, 10:50,
The police in my personal experience treat people as the general percentage of people they meet on their beats.
and they tend to treat you in that way until its proven otherwise that your not that way or type of person.

I.E. I live in an area full of nobby chavs wearing track suits and walk around with their hand down their pants all day.

I have a shaven head, I wear jeans and a t-shirt most days.

they look at me as a nobby chav, even though I dont wear a track suit and I definitely dont have my hand down my pants....well not in public anyway....

I am probably one of the most law abiding people you could meet I pay my bills, on time and as another poster put it I have not intention of breaking the law knowingly until the need arises i.e. wrol.

I see them from the corner of my eye when I'm driving staring at me.

If I'm carrying a package or a rucksack they slow down and look close.

Now that's not because of me personally but because of where I live and the fact its full of knob head chavs burgling houses every 5 minutes and nicking stuff.

So, as I have a high chance of being stopped and always will whilst I live around here, I wont even carry edc.

Even though there's nothing illegal in what I'd carry, It just wouldn't be worth the extra attention in my opinion.

The police tend to profile people (judging a book by its cover) sometimes its right sometimes its wrong.

The police are suspicious folk by nature, after all its their job.

I will say any personal run ins with the police I've had, its very rare I meet a knob head one.

They I must say have always been fairly nice about stuff, whether they believed my version of events or not...

BUT one word of caution the police are adept "fishermen" as a solicitor once told me, they're trained to ask relatively innocuous questions in a certain way to see if your a bit of a "gabber"

Just be careful in what you say, after all just because somebody is a police man doesn't make them trustworthy and as you say scythe you gotten to know some armed response on you wanderings, what are you going to do if they haven't prepared themselves run your details find your address and note it down for after wrol.

Whilst I'm sure they're all fine upstanding gentlemen now, what about after wrol when their family is starving and they've possibly got your address as a prepper and they've got a glock?

Oh wait, because your "friends" now it'll be ok.

Dont forget after an event EVERYBODY that hasnt prepared is going to get hungry, angry and desperate.

Just because a person MAY be trustworthy now doesnt mean they will be after an event.

IN WROL NO HOLDS ARE BARRED, NO RULES WILL APPLY.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
28 August 2013, 11:49, (This post was last modified: 28 August 2013, 11:50 by BeardyMan.)
Good eye-contact, polite, pleasant and composed and you're good to go.

Never really had problems with the police, even when I was in trouble. Making them laugh helps.

(28 August 2013, 11:49)BeardyMan Wrote: Good eye-contact, polite, pleasant and composed and you're good to go.

Never really had problems with the police, even when I was in trouble. Making them laugh helps.

and I look like a bit of a herbert Rolleyes
28 August 2013, 16:44,
Once more we have a division in definition and perception based on location; rural vs. urban.

My area in the States has the same variation.

Urban police are led by an appointed commissioner/chief. He answers to the city council/trustees/aldermen. He hires hundreds of people he does not know, and may never meet, based on their test scores/political connections.

They deal with the lowest forms of life on the planet from shift start to shift stop. They are in a combat zone and anyone not wearing a badge is the enemy. Individual response is dangerous and "swarming tactics" have become the normal response with everyone in the vicinity being automatically suspect.

I live in a rural area. The top cop in my area is the sheriff. He stands for direct reelection every 4 years. He hires a small group of men to serve warrants and respond to calls called Deputies, whose behavior reflects directly on him.

Their job is to insure the safety, enforce the laws and keep the peace and serve warrants in a very sparsely populated area. Normally they do not deal with a crowd and their most dangerous hazard is answering "domestic calls" that usually involve a drunk beating his wife, or here in KY a drunk getting clobbered with a cast iron skillet by his wife. (a 40 kilo KY woman will kick your ass in a heartbeat!)

Law abiding people vote for or against this sheriff, and through him his deputies. If they want to keep their jobs they treat the voters with respect. A new sheriff usually means new deputies.

People convicted of crimes are not allowed to vote in the U.S. Their record stays with them throughout life and can be checked with the click of a computer mounted on the dashboard of every squad car. Therefore people with a known criminal record do not get the same "respect" that the voting population receives. They are treated fairly, but not given a chance to pull anything.

And yes, the way you look always matters, anywhere, any time. A car pulls up in front of my house and 4 men in suits get out and I answer the door to see what they want. 4 heavily tattooed guys in cargo pants, tee shirts, combat boots and shaved heads get out of their car and the door will not be opened.