Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I dont think SD is a happy bunny!
29 August 2013, 13:52,
RE: I dont think SD is a happy bunny!
Smile Well deflected. Next time I'll insist on a receipt.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 August 2013, 14:53,
I like the forum,.. I only have one suggestion.

We need a news section, a place where news can be posted, but no comments can be left,... just so people can place things that others feel might be important

I am sure it could be set up as a post only, its the news posts that cause many of the problems... that would please everyone,.... I would think
A major part of survival is invisibility.
29 August 2013, 15:27,
I like this forum of like minded people helping each other out but I'm a little confused. Is it any news that's no good or only news that may have little or no backup or...?
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
29 August 2013, 15:29,
I think no news is good news at the moment Nix
29 August 2013, 15:32,
no news is allowed unless it is strictly prepper related, if its news like this Syria thing even though we could be starting WW3, we can do anything about it (as preppers) so its not prepping and will be deleted or closed fairly soon. or at least that's what I have been told before.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 August 2013, 15:52,
Okies BP, not how i'm hearing it. Current news related or not will be on everyones TV screens / radios etc, so its up to us to keep an eye out. Posting news we already know about starts big debates and conjecture, and usually drags treads away from prepping.
Least thats how i'm reading it.

PS- conjecture is one of my favorite words, so thanks for giving me opportunity to use it. (See gone off topic already) Big Grin
29 August 2013, 16:00,
I have nothing to say except that were it me in SD's place I would have done this deed long ago.

He has instituted the same rules every other successful subject related forum on the internet uses.

Most of them completely ban all discussions of religion, politics or current events other than natural disasters as well as the trolling type behavior he has specified.
29 August 2013, 16:23,
I tried to post/link as much as I could from other sites just to keep the site going when it was VERY quiet back along, now news is not allowed, nor is politics, some people don't like anything American cos they reckon it dosent translate to UK prepping-which I disagree with, I have been accused of being a troll on occasions but that isn't true, I just have a different view on some topics-its called being an individual, its probably what got me banned from P2S and UKP(twice), i'm older than a lot on this site and I have a lifetimes experience of human nature and it tends to show in what I post, if that offends some people then i'm sorry, but I cant change who I am.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 August 2013, 16:57,
I have to agree with BP TOTALLY, although a news section would be good...we know it doesn't work on here don't we !? too many individual views and beliefs..plus diff age groups too!!...and TBH everyone surely owns a TV so watches the news..and has a rough idea whats going on at planet earth !! or reads a newspaper now and again ? Being a prepper you should already be aware of the obvious threats...that "may or may not/directly or indirectly affect us and our familys. I don't wanna get banned from a good forum....that's all RW